Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn tail light problem

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 + 98 Jackaroo 3L TDi
1.) You sure it wasn't meant to be like that? Thats how my VN is (from factory).

2.) How do you have a 1992 model VN?

yeah mine is a 92.. when the headlights were on at night it looked as if you were riding the breaks... i had a few close calls with people behind me... had to change it.. :yarr:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
yeah mine is a 92.. when the headlights were on at night it looked as if you were riding the breaks... i had a few close calls with people behind me... had to change it.. :yarr:

Were there double filament globes in every socket? There is a clear difference between tail light and brake as the extra filament makes the light considerably brighter.

And there is no such thing as a 1992 model VN. As said, they stopped VN production in 1991.

silver88vl

No milk and juice here
Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina 5L
all four on myn light up i think it looks much better that way to

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
i was under the impression that VNs originally had top and bottom for parker, and only top for brakes.

my vp had top and bottom for both. as said though, looms get chopped and changed, do what you think looks good! when i say had, i mean it used to, now the tops do NOTHING and bottom is both parker and brake (also have a spoiler with brake on it).

pipzryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V8 + 98 Jackaroo 3L TDi
LOL, i was being stupid when i said its an up update.

They stopped VN in 1991, and started VP.

lol... woops... wrong key...lol now i feel stupid.
the lights work good now. there wasnt a double filament globe in it... the guy i got it from probably put the wrong one in... i worked around it...

thanks everyone..

dallascowboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
this thread has been heaps helpful cheers guys now im less confused

CPU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina 3.8 V6
mnm my VN has top and bottom for brake and park, and i have the backwindow brake light as well.....
heh but i have the intermittent one light doesnt want to work thing happenening. common, like fuel guage and odometer faultsin this model lol

VN_SS_CM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS
hey guys mines a 1989 SS and both top and bottom lights work as tail and brake lights issue I have is the middle light also does this when it should only be a brake....looms look untouched what could be the issue..any one have the proper VN wiring diagram if need be will re wire it

sv wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn wagon
hey guys mines a 1989 SS and both top and bottom lights work as tail and brake lights issue I have is the middle light also does this when it should only be a brake....looms look untouched what could be the issue..any one have the proper VN wiring diagram if need be will re wire it

Usually that happens when one of the Earth wires in the brake light sockets isn't earthibg properly