Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN tensioner pulley assembly replacement

beno85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
Hi guys i am new to this forum and was wondering if i could get some assistance. My mate has a VN Exec S1 V6 and we were replacing the tension pulley and found that the bracket holding it on had cracked quite severely we have tried to remove the whole bracket but we seem to have hit a snag. We have removed the power steering pump and alternator but we still cannot seem to get the bracket off i was just wondering if anybody could please offer some advise on how to remove it and possibly post some pics.

cheers guys i really appreciate your assistance.

BENO

georgeonboost

clutch it!
Reaction score
Members Ride
slammed VP EXEC
make sure you have un-done ALL the bolts. there may be a few hiding under some built up gunk under there. this was the case when i changed my mates one.

George

beno85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
We have found all the bolts but there are 2 pipes in the way of our last one. One of the pipes goes into the water pump this one seems to be our main problem as we do not know how to remove the pipe.

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
That pipe is the heater pipe. Firstly you will need to drain the cooling system, then undo the nut holding the pipe in place. You should now be able to pull it out of the water pump. Its only held in by an o-ring :). Use some petroleum jelly (vaseline) on the o-ring when re-installing.

beno85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
cheers guys you have been a world of help i will get onto it this weekend and shall post up how we went.

beno85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport
Well we had to wait for the assembly to arrive turned up yesterday so we swapped it out for the old one and now the car runs like a dream cheers for all the help guys.:thumbsup: