Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn thermo fan

kasey375

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 383
Hi i seem to having a problem with my thermo fan on my V6 s2.
After i start my car and let it run for about 2 minutes the fan will kick in even though the motor is cold? and remains on the whole time my car is runnung weather im in idle or driving.
If anyone could help that could be great.

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
IS the AC on???? Also could be the relay playin up, mine did $25 bucks for auto elec to fix 1/2 hr job if that

kasey375

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 383
IS the AC on???? Also could be the relay playin up, mine did $25 bucks for auto elec to fix 1/2 hr job if that

AC not on, What do you mean by the relay? The one under the bonet where the fues box is ?

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Yeah the relay from batt to fuse, check that, it is generally the problem in VN/VP thermo fans n interior fan.....

But then again it couldnt be that the temp sensor is thinkin it is hottre than it really is.....

She not blowin the fuse under dash??

kasey375

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt calais 383
Yeah the relay from batt to fuse, check that, it is generally the problem in VN/VP thermo fans n interior fan.....

But then again it couldnt be that the temp sensor is thinkin it is hottre than it really is.....

She not blowin the fuse under dash??

All fuse's and relay's are all good. was thinking it might of been the temp sensor but the temp gauge is reading right, is the 2 temp sensor's? 1 for fan and one for the gauge?

jolly_97

THE VACATIONER!
Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 VP Vacationer
uhh totally off topic but my car doesnt even have a thermo fan.... :s i kno its weird and i only noticed it the other day, mite hafta look into getting one put in, im not too worried just yet, my car has neva gone above half temp and i drove around for 2 months with no coolant.... spose the radiator was brand new when i bought the car... :)

cheers
Josh

Gazza2005au

Reaction score
i was driving around for abour 4 years using my AC to turn on my radiator fan as i couldnt be bothered taking it in to get fixed haha but took it in two weeks ago he wired up an adjustable fan controller for $120 i have full control over my fan by the turn of a knob next to the radiator works bloody tops! my temps sit steady on the first white line

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
my car doesnt even have a thermo fan.... im not too worried just yet, my car has neva gone above half temp and i drove around for 2 months with no coolant.... spose the radiator was brand new when i bought the car... :)

cheers
Josh

WTF No Thermo fan are u sure....

Ill Check me manual wen i get home but im sure its only 1sensor for temp

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
All fuse's and relay's are all good. was thinking it might of been the temp sensor but the temp gauge is reading right, is the 2 temp sensor's? 1 for fan and one for the gauge?

Yes there are 2 sensors, both under the alternator, the ECU uses the 2 wire one, the single wire is for the gauge.

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
The ECM will switch the fan on if there are fault codes active.