Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN to VS extractors (V8)

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
Hi all, just want to be 100 % sure on something, will pacemaker extractors from a VN 5L fit straight into a VS 5L ? I'm pretty sure they will, but as i said i just want to be certain before i go ahead with it, cheers.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If they are both auto's then it is a straight swap. If the VS is a manual then it gets tricky. They won't fit with a 6 speed manual.

SICKTG

Reaction score
dont quote me on this but i believe there is a difference between the stater motors aswell which may be a pain

stockyvrcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ UTE
hmmmmm ok thanks fellas, so can anyone verify if theres a diffrence with the starter motors?

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Pacemakers will fit with both types of starter motor, other brands, particularly Genie, don't.

pluckaduck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SIII V8 Ute
If its a VS series 111 (ie ute) they wont as they have the VT motor in them............................I found that out the hard way and now I have a spare set of stainless extractors in the shed :(

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
If its a VS series 111 (ie ute) they wont as they have the VT motor in them............................I found that out the hard way and now I have a spare set of stainless extractors in the shed :(

Um, no, it's not the engine that is different, it is the one piece bell housing on the transmission.