Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn ute sound setup??

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
Hi guys- just scored me a Vn ute, it has no sounds at all really,

looking for any advice or pics ot other peoples setups - where they have them ect.....

any1 got dimensions for a sub box in the fuel tank compartment?

i have searced but it duznt seem to work for me

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
so no 1s got sounds in their vn/vg utes then lol......

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
people will have, just wait a bit and people will reply. If not search around on the forum you are bound to find something that will help.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
ive had a few setups in my ute, had amped 6x9's behind the seats, 6 inches in the doors, tweeters where the 4 inches go, 2 12's in a massive box in the back and it went alright.

had and inverted sub in between the seats for a while but it got annoying...went hard as tho

current setup is 6 inch splits in the door, 6 inches in between the seats all amped,4 inches in the dash, tweeters in the door pods, 2 12's in the tray in a big box so everyone can hear me comin:) amp for subs and 4 channel for the rest, headunit for the 4 inches

i wanna put one in the fuel cel but ive got all my jack and stuff there so i would have to relocate that stuff to somewhere else

Last edited:

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
well i just pulled all the sounds out of my cefiro to go in the ute, have 4's 4 the dash, a split set for the doors and probly put the tweeters in the kick panels.

i have some 8 inch subs and toying with the idea of putting 1 in the arm rest between the seats, have a huge box with 2 12s but dont wanna stick in the tray as id like to keep them lol.... but yea keen to put 1 by the fuel tank

at the moment it just has sum 6x9s behind the headrests in rugged as boxes.... guna throw those out the window

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
So does any1 have the dimensions of their box for the fuel cell...... it has a tough deck and stuff and i use it everyday so dont really want to have it pulled apart and un usable untill i get my other beastie on the road

i found lotsa pics and stuff but no measurements,

techhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm Ute
You have to remember that the sub box is sized first on the volume required by the sub and type of enclosue, sealed or bandpass in the case of a fuel tank sub.

Now that said I did have a .jpg around somewhere that I downloaded off a forum that gave ome measurements. I'll try finding it tonight. It was a sealed enclosure and had a volume of about 27L

slo_firo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Ute
I think my boshmann 12's need about 25, either that or i was gng to split the bot into 2 compartments as i have 2 8 inch subs i could put in it,

i pulled all out of my cefiro so i have 4 subs to distribute between the ute and my mini,

yea mate if you could dig up some measurements for me would be choice