Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v6 extractors/exhuast?

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Everything to do with the drivers side on the VNs are an absolute PAIN...to say the least.

There is just NO room to do anything on the drivers side of that engine bay. It's ludicrous.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i got my pacemakers pretty new but used for $150 and a mandrel bent exhaust off ebay $180 and sounds pretty tuff, as said above pacemakers are a pain in the ass to install,
2bolts for steering rack to be taken down, another bolt for the spline which the whole installation of the pacemakers the hardest bit is the steering rack part, drivers side is a 2 peice, passenger is a one peice and easy to put in, there is enough room to do it on if you have car ramps, also on the VR the exhaust sensor is down further as said, and the wire will need extending but i dont reccomend it, because its reading both sides of the exhaust and plays tricks on the computer my engine light comes off and on all the time because of this, i will be removing the bung on the extractor and putting it there insted so that should solve the problem.
if you have a mate to help its not as hard, but a VN with pacemakers and 2.5 exhaust with 1 muffler sounds good for what it is. insted of just a 2 1/4 with no resi :p

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Or your own brand of exhaust, dumped at the diff, no mufflers, probably 20 bucks:D And with them money you save, hit the wreckers and get yourself some diff gears out of a Pintara:thumbsup:

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Thank you guys 4 the help even though this is not my thread lol.
This may sound dodgy but could u solder the 3 wires in2 my 1 would this work.
The fitting on the VR is much smaller to a VN 1 or should i just take it to a small workshop and have them do all the stuffing around how much do u think they would charge?

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i am pretty sure the O2 sensors are the same size where they bolt up, just have more wires use your o2 sensor not the vr one, if it wont bolt up get an exhaust place to fix it up for stuff all.

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
Yeah they may have to cut it out and put in a bigger thread 4 a VN O2 sensor.
I never thought it would be this much work when i brought them damm it!!

crazybiker

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore V6
Curios to know...why DID you buy VR extractors?

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
The guy said they would fit mate i didn't know. I had some more conversation with some guys i work with and they said they probably wont fit the Y piece.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
i got vr pacemakers aswell, and they are fine, also has the manual Y pipe and i had an auto and no rattles or anything, its really not that big of a deal the exhaust place will fix it up in no time take it into them if they are not on the car and get them to do it and it will be cheap as piss, VN to VR are the same unless its S2 VN competion pacemakers they are bigger and they dont fit on a S1 VN what is the part number on the pacemakers?

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
when i had my starter done the left extractor had to come off and the steering rack vn's are not packaged very well imho, sorry to veer off the subject slightly. mort prices spot on