Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V6 Manual Clutch Fork Weight

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
When i pulled the gearbox out to replace the clutch, i seen on the clutch fork was a big weight, i pressume its for ballancing perposes, anyway i dont like weight in my car :p so it had to go, so out with the angle grinder :wax: . when i put it all back together my clutch cable is making a squeeking noise when i clutch in, but its only here and there, i dont know if its from this problem or if the clutch cable is just streched and seen better days,

Sooo can someone tell me why the put that big weight there? i seen on a Vn V8 clutch fork it didnt have one, so why should i :)

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's interesting - did you take any pics? I've never seen a V6 clutch fork, only done a few V8 conversions :p hahaha

It could also be to do with strength. Clutch forks tend to bend sometimes, so it's good for them to have as much metal as possible :)

Get a billet flywheel if you can. They weigh a bit less than factory ones, and give you less rotating mass which equals more free revving :)

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
mine has one. im pretty sure its there to stop the clutch fork from rattling

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
The fork is identical on the V8 and the V6 apart from the weight welded on the V6 one why exactly it's there I have no idea :). I agree with your theory tho, if it's not on the V8 version and it's heavy get rid of it :p

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its a vibration dampner if i remember rightly should be no biggy not having it might feel some pulsing through the pedal but meh saved a few grams LOL

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais,vk calais padock basher
a few grams lol it weighs like 3 kg

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
Its a vibration balancer... if your clutch fork rubbers wear down, its gonna rattle like a bitch!

aZk.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1
What happens if he doesnt have the rubbers either eheheh, weight stripping the vp to race specs has made him the jenny craig of jc.

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
I have stripped alot of weight out of the VN she was on a diet for awhile.
I dont have clutch fork rubbers couldnt get any unless i bought a clutch kit, but yes it is a heavy thing and is all gone now and even though i done have the rubbers for the fork it doesnt rattle and didnt make any difference in performance or anything a good way of saving a couple KGs.

Needwork2, also mention about the weight in the bottom of the gearbox and ditching that, but not to sure on that one, i was thinking about it when the gearbox was out last, but who knows if there are some good answers or comments about ditching it, next clutch i put in the weight will be ditched aswell, the things you do to shed some KGs :)