Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 no power steering or aircon

budda_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Ute
hi, I'm dropping a vn v6 into my dune buggy, and I've taken ff the aircon and power steering. Does anyone know what belt I need, and whether or not I need to reverse the idler pulley?

vn1989

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn executive series 1 v6 1989
v6 venegrance had this set up. you can buy a belt with out ac because in new zeland thay had a no ac option and for the power steering i think v6 venagrance had another idler pulley in the power steering pumps place im not quite sure dont hold me on it but i did read it or hear it some were,
cheers jack

NPreston

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC
You will need an idler pulley to replace the power steering pump as stated above and a belt is easily obtainable for non air conditioned cars.

budda_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Commodore Ute
I read a post from another forum that a bloe did it with a smaller belt and kept the original idler....so dunno.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
all you do is swap the idler pulley to a ribbed one off an ecotec 2nd idler and run a short belt i can get the number for the belt but wont be for a week or 2 best bet is make a string that fits then goto repco or supercheap and measure its length in the belt measurer they have