Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V6 T5 Conversion

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
So ive just scored a set of extractors and T5 5speed with everything except the clutch pedal and manual computer. I cant wait to put this in so i want to know what else i need and what do i have to change/replace.

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Have a look though this thread: The Complete Manual Conversion Thread

Pedal box will be hard to find, as will the appropriate interior peices. Mal wood Auto do a Pedal pin kit though -Mal Wood Automotive-
Make sure you've got the right flywheel. (if its a used one, get it re-machined costs around $50)
If its a series one VN you'll need a flywheel adapter from CRS its mentioned in the above provided thread

Make sure youve got all ur bolts that u need i.e.:
- Pressure plate to flywheel. holden spare pt#11051927
- Flywheel to crank. holden pt #92060691

In how good condition is the clutch your getting? Make sure your clutch cable is in good nick aswell?

In regards to the Manual ECU and loom, you're a lucky man if you can nab one of those on ebay cheap.
You can buy converted ecu's with a patch loom on ebay From this guy trx100

You can go the otherway however and get a spare memcal and have the tune altered to turn the automatic error coedes turned off.
If you do that you'll have to do the patch loom yourself. Instructions are in the manual conversion thread.

I Hope this will help you with your project.

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
Hey thanks for the quick reply! Ive just been looking on ebay and found pretty much all the parts i need i.e pedal box, manual ecu, manual loom and console!! I don't have a clutch cable though. Its a T5 From series 2 VP. My VN has series 2 engine so the flywheel should be right?? And i would have to change the tail-shaft and diff??

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Not the diff, but tailshaft yes. Unless you do a hybrid of the diffside of yours and the box side of a manual one.
One thing i forgot to mention. Throwout and spiggot bearings, replace them.

Double check in that thread because haydz and mischa know their stuff, but impretty sure you should be alright for the flywheel.

How much are the centre concole and ecu+loom goin for?

VNSV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 5.0L BT1
They still have 4 days left but are going around 50 each

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Ecu and loom will climb well beyond that they are like hens teeth.
I saw a centre console for amanual go for $150 a few weeks back.
Who knows maybe you'll get lucky.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual
You dont need to change your computer with VN/VP only VR/VS had to do that. Ive done 4 manual VN/VP conversions now so if you have any questions just ask me :)

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Hey thanks for the quick reply! Ive just been looking on ebay and found pretty much all the parts i need i.e pedal box, manual ecu, manual loom and console!! I don't have a clutch cable though. Its a T5 From series 2 VP. My VN has series 2 engine so the flywheel should be right?? And i would have to change the tail-shaft and diff??

Forget the ECU, your stock computer in the car now will do fine. No difference on the VN's. Clutch cable is around $50-$60 new from holden last time I got one. Yes a T5 and flywheel from a VP will be fine on a S2 VN. Diff is no differnt auto to manual, but you will have to find atleast the front half of a manual tailshaft if not the whole thing.

Not the diff, but tailshaft yes. Unless you do a hybrid of the diffside of yours and the box side of a manual one.
One thing i forgot to mention. Throwout and spiggot bearings, replace them.

Double check in that thread because haydz and mischa know their stuff, but impretty sure you should be alright for the flywheel.

How much are the centre concole and ecu+loom goin for?

There wont be a spigot in there in the first place if it was a auto so thats a must! Also look into replacing the rubbers on the clutch fork, the rattle will drive you nuts if there worn out.

You dont need to change your computer with VN/VP only VR/VS had to do that. Ive done 4 manual VN/VP conversions now so if you have any questions just ask me :)

Thats right no need for a computer change.