Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v6 to ek conversion

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
Hi all,

I am wondering if anyone here has done this or a similar conversion.
I am starting this project soon(as soon as i fix a couple of poxy fords)
and i am going to do this conversion. I have a doner car, not sure what series vn it is but i will find out on the weekend.

If someone has done it is the wireing easy?
Also is there a step by step or any info i can look at?

Any help appreciated.
Cheers Shane

paulsautoelec

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ute
there are a few companies around that make or modify looms for your application the quality depends on how much you want to spend. unless u have a bloody good understanding of how the system works it is not advisable to try your self

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
its easy as mate just keep the whole vn engine loom in one peice and it doesnt require much more than about 6-10 wires connected to power to run the ecu only needs 3 the rest run the fuel pump and stuff can help you out with wiring pinouts of the vn loom .

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
change it to carby set up that would be mint

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
still have to run all the ecu for spark too or buy an expensive stand alone spark controller

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
i am planning on staying with the efi. i will be using the vn loom and patching it into the ek loom.
the vn wireing is what has me worried. i can work out which wires are in the ek, i am going to test each one and tag them before i strip it.
cheers shane

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
the vn harness is a peice of cake mate will need a new wire or 2 for the fuel pump is about all.maybe a couple of continuous power feed to the ecu nothing major though most of the instrument wires are on the plugs by the battery on the vn harness as well as injector power and ecu feeds.let me know when you get closer to putting it in and i will pipe up with some help for you.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
wont need the vn fuse box really ide just buy a new fuse block that holds 5-10 fuses and a couple or 3 relays should be all go and much tidier than that horrible vn fuse box most of that is for the rest of the car.you need a relay for injector power and fuel pump and fan think thats about it really.fuses for the same 3 as well as for constant 12 volts to the ecu 12 volts to the oil pressure switch fuel pump power backup and dfi.you can use a camira harness which has all the relays connected but there is more wiring changes to add the extra injectors and coolant sensor knock sensor and dfi plugs so its probably easier with the stock vn wiring.

maginoodle

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy series2 ss crewman
thanks delco-
i have got the donor car home, check my project thread in my sig.
i think i might start with the fuel pump etc wireing. i know how to wire relays and fuses in. if you can tell me what wires need to go where for example i noticed that holden still use purple for the starter so i will put a relay on that first, but i dont know all the other wire colours.
i am not sure what series vn it is but will try and remember to check tommorrow. i know its the one with the alt wireing separate to the eng loom.
cheers shane