Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v6 turbo parts ?????

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais,vk calais padock basher
im working on a turbo conversion for my v6, now what a/r is ideal on the compressior and exhaust housing?

im making tuned length manafold for it from 2 inch pipe.
im wanting to keep the aircon but allso want to have a 3 inch dump pipe can it be done?

i allready have a turbo its a garret to4e now i know the front housing will be small but is the exhaust to small its a/r is 100
The oil pickup for the turbo will come from the remote oil filter im fitting to gain extra room, allready got ev1 injectors and have an adjustable fuel reg which i mite change out for a riserate reg.
only going to run 5psi to start with to conserve the motor as i have quite a rep for destroying v6 motors.

going to run a plumback bov which means running an airbox, question is will the bov still be loud as im wanting to keep it stealthy atm.

tim

DavoVP

Reaction score
i have no idea man, but please post some pic's when your done.

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
im working on a turbo conversion for my v6, now what a/r is ideal on the compressior and exhaust housing?

im making tuned length manafold for it from 2 inch pipe.
im wanting to keep the aircon but allso want to have a 3 inch dump pipe can it be done?

i allready have a turbo its a garret to4e now i know the front housing will be small but is the exhaust to small its a/r is 100
The oil pickup for the turbo will come from the remote oil filter im fitting to gain extra room, allready got ev1 injectors and have an adjustable fuel reg which i mite change out for a riserate reg.
only going to run 5psi to start with to conserve the motor as i have quite a rep for destroying v6 motors.

going to run a plumback bov which means running an airbox, question is will the bov still be loud as im wanting to keep it stealthy atm.

tim

Hi mate, You will only need 2inch NB pipe for the crossover pipe, it will be to big for the runners, for the turbo you want a exhaust housing a/r of about 0.64-0.84 unless you have a ball bearing turbo inwhich case a 1.06 housing seems to spin up fast enough, You are going to need atleast 30pound injectors to keep the fuel up to it and do it right and tune it to suit, dont just put a rising rate regulator and bigger injectors on it. Do some research on this forum with the search button up the top, every aspect of turbocharging a v6 has been covered.
Matt

Peter89

Reaction score
Members Ride
'90 S1 VN 3.8L A4 Wagon
wanna run stealthy, paint the cooler and all visible piping black but it will be possible to hear the pump back pov, so when required just keep it off boost and it should be fine.

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
ok my to4e has a 100 rear housing is that going to be to big? i know the front housing will be to small so i will be upgrading that.
what size should i make the primaries?
What size cooler, i mainly want to get all the pipe work out of the way so the car wont get scratched up after its painted.

and yes i have look through the search forum and havnt found much to help me at all.
and 5 psi will be ok for a stock motor wont it? I dont want to kill the motor on 8 psi, thats the next motor that im spending around 5-6k on.

tim

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
1 5/8 inch for the primarys is big enough i think and if the turbo isn't ball bearing then i think 1.00 is too big. I put a t70 with a 1.06 rear on my setup and it wouldn't spool untill about 4000rpm... Cooler i have a 600 x 300 and it fits with heaps of clearance.
all the info you need is here, i built my whole setup using the info from here.
Matt

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
how thick was the cooler 76mm?

well i gues i can allways get a different turbo later down the track if its to smal or big or could allways stroke it lol.

sik-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
allrighty, cooler will be bought next week then getting the pipeing done at a1 exhaust out of stainless 3 inch pipe and then its up to me to make the manafolds

thanks tim

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&