Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 turbo

GTS-Replica

Full Members
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V International / VS GTS-R Replica!
FK yeah!! Go the phioneix red vn :) the engine looks amazing. Makes me miss mine..

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
I have mounted the fuse box assembly behind the glove box. .

P4030296.jpg

Basically ever realy block has been wired and labelled over to the hvac box position. I need to shorten and clean up the bottom loom and re-connect the two looms together.
P4030297.jpg

P4030300.jpg

YURNXT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cortina
Hi Aaron been following your car on the other forum :), and have been watching for a long time has come a Lon way mate must say your really setting the field :p

Is that your surge tank in the engine bay where the airbox once existed?

Also what fuel pump you running as im goin downthe twin turbo route might be bugging you abit :p
Cheers,
Steve

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Thanks mate it has been a long journey to get it to this stage.

Nah the box that sits where the Air box originally was is a baffled breather box for the rocker covers and inlet manifold.

I'm running a walbro GS341 or GS342. Easy to fit just as long as you make sure you use in tank submersible hose to go with it and mount it properly.

If you have any questions that you think I could answer don't hesitate to ask mate.

Last edited:

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Well I have managed to re-connect the rest of the loom to the main fuse box. There is still the smaller fuse box assembly that i have to mount and wire up as well. Judging by its size it won't be a big issue.
fuseboxwired.jpg

fuseboxwired-1.jpg

The horn, lights, thermo fans and the main earths are all routed out beneath the passenger side guard.
fuseboxwired-2.jpg

fuseboxwired-3.jpg

I just have a few more connections to wire up that are connected to the fuse box and engine loom then its onto the engine loom next.
fuseboxwired-4.jpg

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
wow lost of effort going into this old girl,i like it!

F l a k

Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR Exec
So jelly of so many things.

Can I have some info on the custom intake pipe?

Did you do the chrome polishing yourself? If not, what sort of costs were involved?

Where did you get the brake cylinder cover and strut tower covers? Are they Lowe Fab. items? Can I ask how much they were?

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
So jelly of so many things.

Can I have some info on the custom intake pipe?

Did you do the chrome polishing yourself? If not, what sort of costs were involved?

Where did you get the brake cylinder cover and strut tower covers? Are they Lowe Fab. items? Can I ask how much they were?

The intake pipe was made up by George at Pro Flow Fabrications and it was originally just painted satin black. I had A Class Metal Finishers do the polishing and chrome dipping. I can't justify polishing anything myself with the work that they produce.

The strut tower and brake master cylinder cover are both Lowe Fabrication items. Can't remember for the life of me how much they set me back though..

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Shitty weather has hampered my efforts on the wiring but i have managed to make some progress in the last few days. I removed the fusebox mount and painted it gloss black just so if anyone ever looks under the passenger side its semi-camoflaged. I also stuck dynamat underneath the mounting taps and around the area the F/B is situated to prevent any rattles or noises it may cause.
fuse2.jpg

fuse2-1.jpg

fuse2-3.jpg

fuse2-4.jpg

The beauty of using the factory mount.... the lid actually still fits on:)
fuse2-5.jpg

I still don't have my motor back so i decided to get the front wiring started for the headlights, indicators, horn and fans. I have installed the headlights and indicators so i know exactly the right length to make the wires.

fuse2-6.jpg

fuse2-7.jpg

Oh and lastly I would like to recommend to anyone that attempts and engine bay re-wire/hide gets themselves one of these little wire holders. It has made the whole process so much easier not having to hold wires while soldering and only set me back 10 bucks.

fuse2-9.jpg