Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 turbo

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Made 316kw @the flywheel or 423hp in the old money.

Just shy of 250rwkw on 14psi.

My tuner thinks its easily got 18psi in it so we will have to see where the boost ends up for the final power figure.

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
All of the electrical gremlins have been fixed by my auto electrician. The speedo issue was due to a crack in the flexible board on the back of the instrument cluster and the lights staying on was due to a short in my light switch on the dash.

2 of my head studs have started leaking which is a bit of a headf*ck considering how hard my exhaust manifolds are to remove+ install. I have resealed the studs and re-torqued them down using loctite 567 as a thread sealant. Fingers crossed it fixes the issue.

Other than that it feels great on the road, wheelspins with ease at 80kmh in a straightline which is good fun. The cam sounds pretty lumpy as well which I wasn't expecting from a turbo grind. Hopefully my stud issue disappears so I can focus on getting this thing out to Mallanats for a beating on April the 6th-7th :D

LowVp

VP Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Ute 3.8T T56
man thats and absolute work of art, glade you had the balls to do a rewire on that scale as i am yet trying to summon the balls to relocate my coil pack. good job

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Had a blast at Mallanats on the weekend!

Drove the car to and from the track without any issues which I was very proud of considering how much it has actually run in the last year.. She also stayed leak free all day which I was very pleased with after the last months efforts.

20130407_082005.jpg

Actually managed to make the finals in both the Go to Whoa and the Offstreet Drags. The car was only running on 7psi all day as i'm still having a small issue on 14psi, to make it into the finals on low boost was a major shock.

20130406_105817.jpg

Heres a vid of the go to whoa semi's
20130407_130945.mp4 Video by Pervn | Photobucket

Biggest highlight was getting a shotgun ride in Mad Mick Brashers ke30 ULEGAL in the powerskid and open class burnouts. I will post the go pro footage up when i get the chance.

20130406_203944.jpg

20130406_220553.jpg

Well Done Mick! He took out the open burnout finals like a boss!

Planning on getting it out again in December for the second Mallanats.

[BERLINA]

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Berlina
Saw this at Mallanats, sounded awesome! congrats on getting into the finals in the Go to Whoa and the Off street Drags, one clean example of a VN in my eyes.
Cheers, Bj.

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Thanks mate!

Already booked in to the December Nats so it will be out there again flogging some 8's :D

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Long time since i've updated or even looked through this thread. Here are some pics i took at the Cruise for Charity.

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
A week after the C4C i headed out to Mallala for the Mallanationals.

Got a mini photoshoot done late one night at the track.

I had an awesome time out on the track. Now the car is running perfect on 14psi it just lights up from any rev so its a bundle of fun out on the blacktop. I was entered into the go to whoa and the drags and i managed to get into the drags finals and win my initial final against a 2 door hq monaro rocking a 490big block then get knocked out by a 9 second gtr torana in the following round. Other than some heat soak issues I was having after being out on the track for too long the car performed exactly how I've always wanted it to.

I am designing a drivers side headlight intake for track use to stop my heat soak issues, going to try to fit a better fan setup and maybe even a v8 radiator to keep temps low.