Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v6 turbo

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Decided to install a decent clamped battery setup in the boot, I also removed the boot install I made a few years back, weighed everything up and ended up shelling 20kgs out of the rear of the car so thats a bonus. With the boot install I could never manage to fit my two slicks in the boot but now with standard carpet they fit like a glove :)

Finally installed some decent looking bolts on the tops of the front guards, seem to look the part.

Took the car out to the April Mallanats

I managed to pop the passenger side head gasket after getting the car a bit hot in the go to whoa then giving it hell in the drags straight after. The ACL gaskets held together pretty well though, they blew the cylinder but managed to keep the coolant and oil galleries intact so I was still able to drive the car onto the trailer.

Mallanats poster

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Boom!

My lil motor looking sorry for itself lol

Sticking with the ACL's for this one time then I'm stepping up to the later model cometic 3 layer gaskets. Going to get as much fun out of this set of gaskets then wind the boost up with the cometics and hope for the best.

Cleaned and prepped the block surface

psi3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn turbo
Backyard mechanics #101

Almost back together now just need to install the exhaust gaskets, cooler pipes and rocker covers and she's back in action.

I'm going to switch over to an alloy radiator very soon and also get a surge tank set up with the bosch 044 i've had lying around ever since I turboed this :D

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
Bit of a thread dig sorry, but this thing is wicked, especially seeing I don't usually like VN's :p