Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn v8 355 memcal

Qdf397

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy ute 3.8
Hi all just finished stroking a 304 to 355 for my vn, what memcal should I use, I'm running a mild cam, big injectors, twin throttle body

TheIceman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Ex-cop
take it to a tune shop get it done properly so you dont blow it up with incorrect tune

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You could have a chat to Mace Engineering about getting a tune close to what you need. But as mentioned above it really needs to go on the dyno.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Hi all just finished stroking a 304 to 355 for my vn, what memcal should I use, I'm running a mild cam, big injectors, twin throttle body
What are you after? As said going to a dyno is your best bet (ace performance tuning etc)
Or are you after a reasonable base tune memcal so you can drive to the tuner (delcowizzid should be able to help)
Or are you keen to tune yourself with wideband, data logger etc (most of what you need can be had from delcohacking.com)
Or lastly there are aftermarket ecu's that might be easier for you (haltec / link)

P. S interested to hear more as my combo may be similar to yours

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Best choice is throwing a ECU in (haltec seemed to have forgotten their roots and wont do a plug and play 750) or just be a man and go carby with a 750 street demon and torque power intake.

Did you do the stroker? Did you add a cam? Did you leave the ports stock? If yes on the latterest you should've had a bowl job done on the heads.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Best choice is throwing a ECU in (haltec seemed to have forgotten their roots and wont do a plug and play 750) or just be a man and go carby with a 750 street demon and torque power intake.

Did you do the stroker? Did you add a cam?

You "drunk posting" again, Shane??

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You "drunk posting" again, Shane??
Nope Memcal is shite. Any upgraded engine needs to be tuned on a dyno. You can dissagree i don't mind but I know I'm right.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Nope Memcal is shite. Any upgraded engine needs to be tuned on a dyno. You can dissagree i don't mind but I know I'm right.
Nothing wrong with a memcal.
You can still dyno tune them.

"be a man and go carby"
Really? What a dumb thing to say.

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Carbies are awesome if your into vintage cars.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

Did you do the stroker? Did you add a cam? Did you leave the ports stock? If yes on the latterest you should've had a bowl job done on the heads.

Didn't think fitting a carb would be street legal on a VN?