Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[QLD] VN V8 auto Berlina wagon while - to wreck or restore

vnstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn berlina s1 5.0L
ITEM: VN V8 auto Berlina wagon while - rolling wreck/restoration project

PRICE:$1500 neg

YEAR: 1989

SERIES: series 1

BADGE:Berlina

ENGINE: 5.0L V8

TRANSMISSION: Auto TH700

COLOUR: white

EXTERIOR CONDITION: average to poor

INTERIOR CONDITION: average to poor

TYRE CONDITION: 70%

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: stock

ODOMETER: 314,000 +

SERVICE HISTORY: no

REGO OF CAR: qld

REGO TILL: none

PLATES INCLUDED: no

RWC: no

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: buyer to organise.

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD or direct deposit

CONTACT DETAILS: pm

OTHER INFO:

the good:
mechanically the car is in good nick. we rebuilt the V8 5 years ago and the auto 4 years ago (completely stock). I used to drive a lot of long distance so reliability was important. We have 3 commodores in the family and my father is a mechanic. The downside is the paper trail is shaky - i could probably scratch up a few receipts from somewhere.

Since the rebuild it's had little work done to it... new break discs a few years back, a new set of belts, an 02 sensor, new tyres last year.

the hood lining is in great nick

the body is reasonably straight, except for the tailgate.

The air conditioning compressor was rebuilt last year, is installed but not gassed or connected.

the bad:
out of rego
windscreen has a fair sized crack in it
the tailgate has a fair dint in it where i backed into a pole a few years back
the quarter panel behind the rear passenger door was smashed in by thieves. They also stripped the stereo.

The car hasn't been driven since this happened late last year, since I was buying another car at the time anyway.

the ugly:
paint is fading/starting to flake
the hit in the tailgate doesnt help either.
touch of rust around the hood
interior is worn, some plastics cracked/missing.

I love this car, we've done a lot of kilometers together including 2 trips around australia and i've never once ended up on the side of the road. I've been holding on to it as i've been planning on restoring it, but then the missus went and got pregnant...it's been sitting in the garage now for 9 months and i need the space.

I've asked for $1500 because I figure that's the value of the engine and gearbox sitting on the ground. Feel free to correct me.

PICTURES: to be added