Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[SA] Vn v8 calais

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
ITEM: VN CALAIS BUILT FOR BURNOUTS

PRICE: Offers over $6000 Maybe Swaps depending on car something old

YEAR: 1989

SERIES: VN CALAIS SERIES ONE

BADGE: Calais

ENGINE: Stock 5litre 304

TRANSMISSION: REBUILT TRANS WITH MANUAL VALVE BODY and all the other bits Pro ratchet also fitted

COLOUR: WHITE

EXTERIOR CONDITION: Its Straight looks good enough But its noticeable when you get close that someone has bogged a little on the left rear quarter and the right front someone put a clear close over the factory paint but it wsa a cheap clear coat only on about 4inchs off the right front guard from the headlight, Has electric sunroof that works fine

INTERIOR CONDITION: Really Good conditon, Air conditioner has been taken out but dimister still works fan still works just no air con, Has no cd Player Because Custom mounted Guages have been mounted, Has a MOMO Steering wheel, B&M Pro ratchet shifter, With a custom made console cover to go around it, Has a 5" tacho mounted on the dash with no shift light But can provide it.

TYRE CONDITION: Good

TYRE SIZE INCLUDING LOAD RATING: Have a few styles of alloys that can be put on the front depending on the price there are 3 styles Ranging from 16s 18s and 19s All with Really good tyres 19s Have nipples still on new tyres,

16" 18" Could be used as burnout tyres,

ODOMETER: 260k

SERVICE HISTORY: Doesn't have one,

REGO OF CAR: Currently out of rego but have papers to register online or take into Motor rego to register it

PLATES INCLUDED: Yes

RWC: Not needed hear, but don't think its road worthy

DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Pickup on truck, or trailer

PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD

CONTACT DETAILS: Me via here because its currently out of interest if anyones interested PM me

OTHER INFO:

Ok well Ive had this car close to 18 months now, was originaly Brought to build as a burnout car which is what I've done, Everything has been down mechanically to the car except the motor itself,

Its got a Rebuilt Trans with Manual Valve body and a B&M Pro ratchet In it, Can not be driven like an auto have to change gears, It cherps 2nd and 3rd and kicks each time, Cost Just over $2000 REALLY BIG TRANS COOLER

To go with the trans The extractors had to be custom done slightly bent to go either side of the trans, going into twin 2 1/2 " system that goes down and has a cross over benieth the Tailshaft With a resignator on each pipe Dumped just before the rear wheels.. Pacemaker extractors, and the Exhaust was Done at EXHAUST TECHNOLOGY On goodwood road Wheel Known place. Cost $1200

The diff has been rebuilt too New Bearings axles and a spool has been fitted along with 4,11 Diff gears, Done at BOSS DIFFERENTIALS cost over $1000

Has all New bushes and such in the rear of the car Rubber not nolathane, Has new shocks in the rear, as well all Costing $450 or so

Has Auto Meter guages... Water Temp and Oil pressure Mounted where the CD Player goes, And a 5" Tacho Mounted on the dash by the door frame, $650 worth

new battery a very good one, 580 amps i think

Has a B&M Line locker setup Fitted with a LED switch just under the steering wheel $160

Has a 3 Core PWR alloy radiator, Cost $1050

New water pump too, New Power steering belt

Has a home made Air intake which actually works pretty well

all the Air conditioner setup has been Taken out, a Gas system was taken of the car as well,

Now has Polished engine covers not seen in pics
Engine bay could do with a respray when the motor gets taken out to rebuild as someone before me spilt some form of fluid on one side and it looks a bit ordinary ive started wet sanding it off and it comes but its taking a bit of paint with it,

Theres going to be lots i have missed, Mechanically the car is built really well Its been out twice on the pad since i have had it in that time, Both i was still learning to drive the car and getting use to it once the line lockers are on properly and going slow with a stock 5 litre it does ok Nothing that special,

But with the top end rebuilt which isn't that expensive with some mild work done to it, it would do really good.

I'm just seeing what people would pay for it because im thinking of selling it and buying an Older holden that can be driven On the weekends all the time, Sucks seeing it and not being able to drive it, Especially since I couldn't register it to drive it on the weekend

Currently have a Price on the car, Cost more in parts + what the car owes me is over 12 grand easy :(

Make an offer open for anything, Not interested in swaps, Got a Valiant eyed up :p

PICTURES: Here are some pictures of how its come along and what it is now,

JC3_2036.jpg

P1000308JPG2555555.jpg

DSC05837.jpg

08082010560.jpg

15112010061.jpg

07062010422.jpg

20032010227.jpg

Trans cooler
13032010190.jpg

17022010073.jpg

DSC05801.jpg

Last edited:

DERTY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL TURBO/ VS 5L STATO/ VP BT1 5L
Pictures of this thing in action? taking it to virginia speedway burnout comp this saturday nite?

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na its not going out again???

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Currently $8000 All offers considered Can put rego on the car for the new owner, as long as they are aware it has an illegal street exhaust :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bump Price drop $7900 ONO anyone interested at all???

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
NEED IT GONE $7500 Ono any serious Offers considered.
Comes with plates, ready to rego if thats whats wanted,

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BUMP $7000 NEED IT GONE ASAP any serious offer considered.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Need it gone guys will consider anything really, $6800 need it gone ASAP :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Bump need it gone guys any offers considered :) $$$ $6600

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BUMP anyone interested in need it gone $6200