Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V8 Trans Harness Wiring

VB304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 304
Hi All,

I've got a VB with a VN 5L and TH700 and I'm attempting to wire the trans up to the ECU.

I have a CRS speedo converter which has the mechanical speedo cable through the middle and the round plug with the red, blue and black wires coming out.
Then from what I can see there's another plug socket in the side of the trans with four pins which I currently have nothing connected to.

My Q...
I have a rough idea of what needs to be connected (pin A7-TCC Sol, A10-VSS Input etc) but I don't know what goes to where from ECU to trans.

If there's a factory harness that should go from the ECU to the trans let me know and I'll hunt the wreckers for one, otherwise an idea one which wires go where would be great!

Appreciate the help!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yep use a factory auto loom and plug it into the main loom and connect vss wiring accordingly. You may have issues depending on how many pulses are generated per revolution. From factory I believe it’s 10 pulse which is divided by 5 through the cluster so the pcm only sees 1 pulse per revolution.

I think I have one of those loom sections here if you’re interested. If I do $25 posted if you’re keen.

VB304

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB 304
Ok perfect.
The sensor adaptor I got is designed for this application so as far as I know it sends the right signal out.

So the harness you’ve got has the plugs for both the VSS and the other four pin plug which does the over temp etc?
If so send me your details and I’ll grab it off you.

Cheers mate.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Might get away with th350 or similar speedo gear housing then hook up speedo cable..you'll have to work out required speedo gears or an adaptor correct speedo.

Not 100% as never had a th700 tbh so need to do your homework

Use factory trimatic shifter/inhibitor switch & vb wiring patch

Use th700 selector linkage & adjustor piece on the end...IIRC drill larger hole of trimatic shifter where the adjuster piece goes through.

Will select all gears except 1st yet look factory.