Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN V8 transmission issues

GMH304

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 VP Executive 5 spd Manual
Hi all, well was driving home the other day and went to overtake on the highway. As she went to kick back a gear she just revved out..:bang: it looks to me that ive lost 3rd. Can anyone recommend (if its screwed) a cheap place to get a transmission/rebuild in Adelaide..

thanks guys

Noy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SS 5.0
Yeah I had this exact problem, had to get it rebuilt. Just call around and get the best quote. Also have you changed the oil and filter? if not ild try that first.

LUMPY 8

buddaboy1990
Reaction score
SAs biggest retirement village (victor harbor)
Members Ride
Vu r8 maloo, mq patrol beach bus
i feel astho every1s v8 or v6 trans is packen it in, mine went a few weeks ago and another mates vp went aswell

vpete

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman 5.0 litre
Hi there,

I will be interested to find out what your problem is. I had the same thing happen last august and it cost me over $1700 plus fitting to get it rebuilt. Guess what, i was overtaking yesterday and exactly the same thing happened again. Not Happy Jan, it hasn't even done 10,000k yet and i don't abuse it! Grrrrrrr.........

Someone is gunna hear about this on tuesday morning i'll give ya the drum!!!

Cheers..........................Pete!

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
depends how its driven and if the TV or kickdown cable as most call it is adjusted. if its adjusted wrong expect the box to not last long at all.mines been getting abused for months with the turbo on my v6 been to the drags gets WOT runs all the time tuning it and shes still holding up fine.it did a couple of thousand boosted km's in fully stock condition before i even fitted a shiftkit and corvette servo or trans cooler.done over 5000km now they are as strong as a TH350