Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn v8 waterpump question

whatawookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
Just a quick question Im replacing my waterpump in my vn ss v8, and the new one in the box has a big space plate that goes between the block and the pump. The new pump came with 2 gaskets also, but when I pulled the old one off it doesnt have the space plate. Not sure if it because it is a different brand or size? what should i do?

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Was the spacer plate the same shape as the water pump? If so, and both your pumps are IDENTICAL, then you don't need it :)

whatawookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
ok just checked.....didnt even occur to me to try pulling it off cause it was zippy tied to the pump (and wanted to keep it in same condition incase i needed an exchange) but yer theres no way it would come off easily cause its between the impellar and the housing. so Im assuming it must be ok! The only part im hesitant in is maybe it might be the wrong one the spareparts guy looked about 12 and theres no labeling on the box to say it is definatly for vn. any thoughts appreciated greatly.

whatawookie

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn SS
Cheers heaps mate.....yer im near certain they would be the same......will install her in the morning!

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
yeah that plate is right, mine was the same