Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[NSW] VN Vacationer - 114,000 kms, excellent condition

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
ITEM: 1990 VN Vacationer
YEAR: 1990, Believe build month is October
SERIES: VN
BADGE: Vacationer
ENGINE: 3.8L V6
TRANSMISSION: 4sp Auto
COLOUR: Alpine White
CONDITION: Excellent
ODOMETER: under 114,000 km
REGO TILL: July '09
PRICE: $4900
DELIVERY/PICK UP INFORMATION: Will deliver around Sydney (within reasonable distance), otherwise pickup from near Chatswood
PAYMENT OPTIONS: COD preferred
CONTACT DETAILS: Call 0422 758 234

OTHER INFO:

This is a very clean and original example of an Alpine White 1990 VN Commodore Vacationer 3.6L auto sedan . It has only done 114,000 km, and is in excellent condition inside and out. I bought this car from the original owner (my grandfather) in 2005 at 88,000km . While he owned it, this car was garaged in "rust-free" Canberra, and averaged around 5000km per year.

As seen from the photos below, the interior is immaculate. Even the carpet is in excellent condition! Until I purchased it, the seats had covers on them (for the first 15 years of its life). I recently replaced the roof lining , so you do not need to worry about the usual "old commodore" saggy roof lining. The dash is in as-new condition, with no cracks. The exterior is also in excellent condition with no panel damage or repairs, and the paintwork is still glossy, and has no noticeable damage (sun or otherwise), apart from some crazing on the front bumper.

The car has an electronic immobiliser and a Full Metal Jacket ignition barrel protector for security.

The exhaust system has been professionally upgraded with Pacemaker extractors and a 2.5 inch exhaust, with twin catalytic converters included - all done by Best Mufflers (from memory). To help it breathe, a cold air intake is fitted, and a K&N hi-flo Panel filter replaces the original air filter. The engine / driveline has not been modified.

The original stereo was replaced with Jaycar Precision Response components (details below), and a Pioneer head unit & iPod controller. While Precision Response are not recognised as a big brand, I have been very impressed with their performance. This installation includes VS/VR door pods, custom rear parcel shelf, and an iPod shelf inside the centre console.

Also, in the last few years I have replaced the shocks (Monroe GT Gas all round), and new front brake rotors & pads have been installed. The suspension has been lowered using King Springs - Superlow all round, and complies with all RTA requirements.

This car comes complete with logbooks and manual, as well as workshop manual (if you are interested in doing your own maintainence). It also has every receipt for everything done to the car, except the exhaust (paid cash). This includes the original receipt for the purchase of the vehicle, dated 30/11/90. It also includes the original sales brochure, in remarkably good condition.

I am regrettably selling this car as I do not use it enough, and I'll be travelling overseas soon. It is in excellent condition, starts first time every time. If it wasn't already obvious, I love this car - it has served me well. With such low kms on the clock, this is a reliable daily driver registered to late July 2009.

Overview of mods:

• Pacemaker extractors
  • Lukey twin catalytic converter exhaust
  • Lowered suspension (King Springs Superlows and Monroe GT Gas all round)
  • New roof lining
  • Stereo (All components other than head unit are Precision Response (Jaycar)
    • Pioneer head unit with removable face, handbook and original packaging
    • iPod controller
    • 2x 6*9" 2-way rear speakers
    • 2x 6.5" speakers in front doors
    • 2x tweeters (in dash)
    • 1x amp in boot
    • Custom parcel shelf (18mm MDF)
  • Immobiliser
  • Full Metal Jacket ignition barrel protector
  • 17 " wheels, no gutter rash (as new)
  • Tyres are 225s x 45, 60-70% remaining tread
  • Wheels also have lock nuts with tool
  • Holden mudflaps fitted all round
  • Holden Cold Air Intake
  • K&N panel filter

Also included:

• Tow bar & ball
  • K&N air filter recharge kit
  • Standard spare wheel, jack, etc
  • Original manual & log books
  • Workshop manual

Call for questions/inspection/test drive on 0422 758 234. You will not be disappointed.

More photos here, or by request

Call for questions/inspection/test drive on 0422 758 234. You will not be disappointed.