Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN / VP Bonnent Interchangeable

Blowntorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV VE R8 MALOO Ute
Can the VN bonnent be used on the VP which I believe would be the same but can the rubber under the edge of VP bonnent an under bonnent insulation be used on the VN bonnent.......I have a damaged VP bonnent an can replace with a VN one but not sure if the rubber an insulation will mount straight on the VN bonnent....cheers

Brisbarnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vh sle
Insulation yes, rubber unsure. Does the vp bonnet have a badge? I used a vp bonnet on my vn years ago and when I removed the badge it had an indentation under it so the badge went back on. Food for thought.

FXST01

The Grey Man
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 Exec
Doesn't the VN use a stick to hold up the bonnet as a VP uses struts?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VN's use struts....VL I think was the last of the commodores to use the stick

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
VN's use struts....VL I think was the last of the commodores to use the stick.

That being said, it's not hard to convert to struts.....Unscrew the piece in the bonnet and the guard and transfer it over....Easy as

Blowntorana

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 HSV VE R8 MALOO Ute
Insulation yes, rubber unsure. Does the vp bonnet have a badge? I used a vp bonnet on my vn years ago and when I removed the badge it had an indentation under it so the badge went back on. Food for thought.
Did have the hsv badge on bonnent but was removed I need to either repair VP bonnent or I can get vn one for 100 bucks but need to know if can be used due to insulation an rubber under the edge...cheers anyway mate

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
VN's use struts....VL I think was the last of the commodores to use the stick

Nah,1988/89/90 Vn's had the stick,i've got one in my garage at the moment.I think the series 11 had struts and the VP definitely did.

Edit...my Brother reminded me there is instructions on how to fix struts to the Vn bonnet on here somewhere,if not here its was on one of the Vn-Vp Holden Forums.

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Nah,1988/89/90 Vn's had the stick,i've got one in my garage at the moment.I think the series 11 had struts and the VP definitely did.

Edit...my Brother reminded me there is instructions on how to fix struts to the Vn bonnet on here somewhere,if not here its was on one of the Vn-Vp Holden Forums.

I wasn't 100% sure, so thank you for clarifying it....To fit the struts, it's a case of removing the strut locating balls from both the bonnet and the guard and transferring them over to the other car...5 minute job

HarryHoudini

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Wagon..2012 VE Sportwagon.
I wasn't 100% sure, so thank you for clarifying it....To fit the struts, it's a case of removing the strut locating balls from both the bonnet and the guard and transferring them over to the other car...5 minute job

Yeah,i think it was more on where to locate them measurement wise.