Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP Calais Body Control Module

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ V6 One Tonner & LX SL/R 5000
Hi all,

Currently I'm fitting power windows and central locking to my LX Torana. I use to own a VN V8 Calais and I thought it would be a good idea to use the BCM from one to control the power windows and central locking (and use the anti-theft feature of the BCM too).

My Calais had the power window module, power door lock module and anti-theft moudle as separate items but I know some VN and VP's had them all combined as the BCM (correct me if I'm wrong).

I'm just after a bit of back ground knowledge into the BCM. I believe that VATS is not present in these models (only VR onwards?) which suits me perfectly as I don't have an EFI engine. Also the remote for the BCM is separate from the key (which again suits my needs well).

Is there anything else I should be aware of if using a BCM from a VN/VP? ARe there different levels, such as Low, Lux and High like in the later model BCM's?

Thanks in advance. :)

anarklov3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 WM Caprice
I didnt think the VN/VP BCM's controlled anything like that.

MY VN has all seperate modules (power windows, central locking etc)
if you tried to use the BCM out of the VN in your LX, i hope your planning to run it as a seperate system, and not use it on the engine? I dont see how that could be done...

But im sure if you wired it all up on an independant circuit it should all work. Why not just use the LX window module, and get a half decent alarm from jb hifi / autobarn ?

Reaction score
Members Ride
I didnt think the VN/VP BCM's controlled anything like that.

That is the purpose of the BCM, it controls power windows, central locking, etc...

I don't plan to use it on the engine. It's a non EFI engine

I've done a little more research and as 1991_Vn2nV has already stated, VN's didn't come with BCM's, only VP onwards so I intend to use a BCM from a VP Calais.

Still need to do a bit more research, need to find a pin out for the VP BCM. I have a Gregory's workshop manual but it's a bit vague. Only has wire colour codes and no actual pin outs of the BCM.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just a quick update... (for anyone who cares!)

Well, I have fitted the power windows and I'm currently using a power window module from a VN Calais to operate them. Works a treat and I now have the added bonus of the interior light delay too.

I'm finding it extremely difficult to locate a BCM from a VP or VQ so I might have to use the separate modules for the anti-theft and central locking.

I now have the Holden VP and VQ Series II Wiring Diagrams, the wiring for the BCM looks pretty basic so all I need now is to get my hands on a BCM.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
I have fitted the power windows and I'm currently using a power window module from a VN Calais to operate them. Works a treat and I now have the added bonus of the interior light delay too.

How did you get the interior light delay??? Mine dosn't do that :cry: