Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn vp ecu

JUZMAD

JUZMAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VE SV6.LX 350 HATCH
will the vp ecu run the vy inj ok
i have a vn knock sensor in one side but its the middle lh
the air must get forced in that cyl more
i have got the memcal in it it revs to 6000 instead of 5650
maybe theres a problem with my memcal

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vp the rev limit is set at 5800

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah 5800 will appear to be 6000 on most tacho's. Have you tried different injectors on that lean cylinder? you might just have a dud injector

JUZMAD

JUZMAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
2 engines have done that and one has done a head gasket pasenger side front but this new eco has all vy inj will the vp ecu run them ok and are they bigger

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
It'll run ok, are you restricted to standard tunes or not?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
that BABU is a lot lower on timing to the VP bins thats for sure but it still has a lot more timing in the areas that ping on ecotechs running the $12 BLCD

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Most ecotec's will take 28-30 degrees up high no problem but not too much 2000-2500, I reckon babu will be mint for racing, you'll get a couple extra degrees of timing out of it with the exhaust off too, also if you are allowed to change injectors and not tune that will be even better. Anyway you can allways slot the crank sensor and adjust the timing that way if you need to. You can't run BLCD anyway if you have to run a standard memcal

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yeah they will see the sticker removed from disabling VATS LOL

JUZMAD

JUZMAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
i think i have it i rang someone in wa the oxy sensor is in the wrong spot it needs to be in the y section because they only run the one sensor thats why one side is always melting that piston
the other thing is he said was to run vt vy inj more fuel check presure if it drops then plug off vucuum line give it full fuel and check temp sender all this makes it run lean if they are faulty

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
vn and vp run the oxygen sensor in the left bank passeger side exhaust manifold.fuel pressure reg pulling the hose will richen off throttle and will be the same at WOT but you have to watch out as if it thinks its running rich at closed throttle it will lean out WOT as well from the fuel correction figures it gets from the O2 sensor.if you unplug the sensor all together it will default extra rich which may just help it survive but weather it will be way rich or not is another story.on a stock vn with the sensor unplugged they go way rich and dont make power but cause you are running lean it may just go quite well