Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn vp ecu

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
nothing apart from the tune on the memcal

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip sure do but the vp tune wont suit a vn engine and vice versa allways swap the memcal over when swapping

JUZMAD

JUZMAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VE SV6.LX 350 HATCH
i want it for speedway the ecotech keeps melting in lh passenger piston just trying to find if it is going to be better than the vn

JUZMAD

JUZMAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
just got a new vy ecotech and i dont want to fry this one just trying to sort out some problems
its just hard because you can only run the vn vp ecu

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
well the vp will be better than vn theres way to much spark in the vn one even the vp one has too much spark for ecotech you could put a vr manual tune in which has less timing again but even that has too much for ecotech and they all run way lean at WOT sammy on heres just tuning his ecotech engine with 808 ecu and VR $12 tune and its needed a lot of work and gets a fair bit of knock in stock form

JUZMAD

JUZMAD
Reaction score
Members Ride
in our class you can only use up to vp ecu but you are allowed to use ecotech engines
i think we have vn inj in this eco

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yip and on any of the stock vn-vp tunes you are gonna have issues lots of pinging and running lean.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
If you have to run a standard memcal (I doubt everyone is) but anyway if you have to then run BABU, it's one of the New Zealand export memcals and will be the most suitable for the ecotec in a speedway car, it shouldn't ping with an open exhaust. You should also be running a VN/P knock sensor in the ecotec. Also if you are only having problems with cylinder 1 getting hot all the time, run a blue top injector 775 in cylinder 1 or you could just use blue tops in all of them, the ecotec should be able to use that much fuel OK on a vp tune