Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP engine conversions

VN series 2 or VP/VR?

• VN series 2

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • VN series 1

• VP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VR

• Total voters
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
Hi all, im back with another stupid idea but an ultimate fantasy... dont ask why

Want to put a VN/VP V6 in an 84 Mercedes and im after a general list of what ill need to swap over, now obviously ill need to make up a cross member because i plan on using the auto (or manual what ever way i plan on going) out of the donor and ill need to be creative with engine mounts, but the fuse-box under the drive foot-well, does that need to be transplanted?
Obviously the ecm or ecu or what ever they have is going to go and looms to and from
Do i need to put in the VN/P dash? Anything else i need to add to trick it so it thinks it was never out of the donor car
And is it true that the earlier vn's have a cable gear selector for the auto and the later ones have it electric?

Think thats all
Peace

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Have a look at what others have done. There are plenty of Holden V6 engines put into old Holden's and Toyota Hilux conversions seem to be very popular. They still retain all original dash and controls and you would not even know until lifting the bonnet.

Check out V6 Conversions website for some great info
http://www.v6conversions.com.au/hq_wb.html

Last edited:

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
You'll need an engineer's report to get it registered. Now you've moved from NZ to Queensland you'll find the rego people are more picky about such things.

Reaction score
Members Ride
You'll need an engineer's report to get it registered. Now you've moved from NZ to Queensland you'll find the rego people are more picky about such things.
Im not from NZ im from Darwin and they are pretty relaxed up there
And yes they are more picks here

Reaction score
Members Ride
Have a look at what others have done. There are plenty of Holden V6 engines put into old Holden's and Toyota Hilux conversions seem to be very popular. They still retain all original dash and controls and you would not even know until lifting the bonnet.

Check out V6 Conversions website for some great info
http://www.v6conversions.com.au/hq_wb.html
Cheers

Reaction score
Members Ride
What happened to the VN you were going to run on scavenged Avgas in NZ:

https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/posts/2993471/

I'd stay Toowoomba , at least in Queensland you don't have to pass annual road worthy's like in the NT.
No idea couldnt find, never been over there anyway
Nah thats right, but the guy we have to do the roadys just comes out and we throw 50 bux a car or trailer at him and he does the paperwork :p
No questions asked
Best part is in qld the cops stalk you if you have a lowered vn with a massive 5 poster slung off the front and willingly carry out free roadworthys:D

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Your address was NZ until a few hours ago.