Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

vsspack

King of the Mang
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Mang Machine
Yeah the page 2 links are dead now too

Telly896

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 3.8L VP
Thanks a heap for this! i'm the same, have replace alot of those things!

tmerivale

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
guys quick question, i get the code 13 coming up and code 44 both flashing at 2.5 per second i think. anyways my problem with my vn series 2 has been when driving it it stalls, it is a manual but i thought it was my dad stuffing around, so started it up in the drive and sure enough with no one in the drive it stalls again. so i service the old girl including brand new ngkr plugs and topgun leads, changed my pod as well as i bought a k&n to replace my old saas one and just never put it on. so my dad takes it for a spin for about an hour (i get my license back in 5 days so i gots to be the passenger atm) everything is fine. then my bro comes to melbourne and again im sitting beside him and it stalls about 2kms away from home... i go under the bonnet with the car started and push the throttle all the way open whilst running and it was sitting on maybe 2 or 300 revs, it was barely moving!!! im at my wits end with it cause i changed my fuel tank over from the 60 to a now 80litre tank and it was a bit of a headf**k changing sender units over cause one was leaking everywhere. the 80litre tank has brand new hoses new hose clamps im running 2 fuel filters both brand spanking, the external is a brand spanker but the internal fuel pump is a little older lucky to have 1,000 kms on it, got changed about 6 weeks prior to me losing my license, i changed the filter/strainer on the internal pump now too. wtf is going on? will changing the oxygen sensor fix my problem or would it likely to be something else as well?

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Why two fuel filters? I read that if you use 2 regular canister style filters inline they can pose a pretty big restriction to flow, your factory pump may not be putting up with it very well

Could be entirely wrong as I never tried double filter setups.

Sam

tmerivale

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn exec
behind the 1/4 panel at the wheel arch there was one connected to the filler neck of the fuel tank, so i replaced that one and then hooked it up as normal and there is the standard one for the 6 along the fuel line which i figured ah well 2 filters are better than one :)
i dunno, just seemed to sound logical... at the time anyway lol

malooman

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.2maloor8
hi guys, i was wondering if any 1 could tell me what the problem is with my vn v6. i changed the fuel tank and put the old fuel pump in it now it wont start. the fuel pump makes like a gargeling noise. any help would be appriciated.