Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

mightymike

Mighty_Mike
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Commodore 1992
nice work buddy

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I have just solved an annoying fault with mine. I have been getting a pulsating knocking noise heard mainly from inside the cab and faintly from under the bonnet. It comes from the firewall area behind the drivers position where the fuel rails bolt to the fire wall. Turns out to be the pulsation dampner on the supply fuel line. It is bolted up under the plate that bolts to the throttle body and intake elbow.

sleek_vp

sleek_vp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
i had a f9c7ing annoying noise coming from the left hand side of the dash inside under the speaker was there for months on and off put sponging between the air con ducts. still there pulled the left hand gaurd of see if i could get in that way no go put it back on and the noise disappeared i had a a squueky noise coming from under the parcel shelf couldn't figure it out for months until i puleed my subs out one day and found the jack was just sitting in the holder nice and loose and the instrument cluster where the screws go up top underneath the plastic broke so it fell of while driving for only 2 days and the right bracket under original passenger seat snapped so ppl had to hold on while accelerating but all fixed and havnt looked back

shean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
Thanks

Thanks great sticky, WOndering if anyone had a problem with continual cutouts, Driving along and the next minute it's like someone turned the ignition off. Turn the ignition off and if the revs are high enough (auto) turn the egnition back on and the engine re-starts. If revs are low then you have to select neutral and then switch off ignition then start with the starter motor. Was happening once a week or so til today when it happened 17 times in a 1/2 hour drive. Any thoughts would be appreciated?:cry:

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Dfi module or CAS are likely causes

shean

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec
Thanks for that was thinking along the same lines.

FuzzayD

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN Executive 3.8i
Thanks great sticky, WOndering if anyone had a problem with continual cutouts, Driving along and the next minute it's like someone turned the ignition off. Turn the ignition off and if the revs are high enough (auto) turn the egnition back on and the engine re-starts. If revs are low then you have to select neutral and then switch off ignition then start with the starter motor. Was happening once a week or so til today when it happened 17 times in a 1/2 hour drive. Any thoughts would be appreciated?:cry:

I am having this problem too. I had the heads machined and all gaskets replaced and when the car came back it started doing this, the mechanic said he didn't know what it was.

Great Info, im going to start with the first thing and then do everything after it!

jesse_88 vn calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
88 vn calais
hey umm i have a 1988 vn calais and im jus wondering if i cud just put wind up windows in it be cause my electric windows have failed and are stuck down and this is not the fuse.... any help wud be appreciated guys thnx
jesse.

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
The site in the original post has moved, these are the updated links:

VN Faults: Home
VP Faults: Home