Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

1WOOKI

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5000 V8
a couple of problems with my vp and for some reason the fault pages are not loading for me... it starts very rough and sometimes not first time which is un normal for it and also for a long time now the engine light comes on every now and then, it does not give any code simply just comes on... anyone help?

justmattmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn series 1 calais sedan
from matt

hey umm i have a 1988 vn calais and im jus wondering if i cud just put wind up windows in it be cause my electric windows have failed and are stuck down and this is not the fuse.... any help wud be appreciated guys thnx
jesse.

i had a similar problem, the power window module is under the left side of the steering columb behind the fuse cover panel, the relays in the module get sticky etc, replace the module and the windows should work, beware though its hard to get a good second hand one and i have no idea what gmh dealers want in $$ for one, hope that helps

EXSARG

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn v6 buick series 1 intercepter
tacho

hey got a auto metre memory tacho but the brown wure under the hood is not giving me the revs . does some 1 know were else it can work ???

alexlove

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx/vp berlina
This woulda helped when i had my VP, its wrote off now :( DEVO

mels HSV SV3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
1988 hsv sv3800
a m8, did u get any replys to ur qstion about the cut outs, i have the same problem, completely random cutouts for no reason, might not happen 4 days and then it returns wtf ,wld love 2 know if u fnd out the source

CalaisJohn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais S2
shean/ROBBOS304/mels HSV SV3800

.. I endured the same cut-outs for months on end and was near driven insane - I feel your pain lol
in my case (VN Calais) I traced my cutout woes back to the security over-ride keyswitch located in the glovebox. This is a dodgy design of a switch which has it's 'guts' held within it's barrel by a simple 'crimping' at the rear of the switch. I figure the internal spring's pressure overcomes the crimping over time (internal contact's go's intermittent) and ur car shuts down, fires up again, and a visit to the shrink get's closer. It's a full-on pain in the AZZ to get out also. I'm holding my switch together with a cable-tie and have had "NO" cutout problems ever since! yay! hopefully this may help you guys :)

IMGP2642.jpg

IMGP2643.jpg

IMGP2644.jpg

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
jaycar sell new ones if you ever want to replace it or just join the wires