Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
These links are great to help identify problems you're having with your car or if you're purchasing one of these cars they're some things to look out for.

VN: Click here for faults
VP: Click here for faults

Note: I'm not the author, just bringing his work to everyones attention!

Last edited:
V

vnberlwagon

VN-VP faults

Thanks fortaking the time to put this together.
It will more than likely reduce a **** load of questions being posted.:driving:

PaRaDoX

Because Racecouch...
Reaction score
Members Ride
none
*note to self, ive replaced half those things on the list in the last year :p*

it seems pretty accurate especially with the panhard rod statement... anyone that says they can lower their car without a ajustable panhard rod should be slapped :D

nice post well deserving of a sticky =D

broderikb

Reaction score
Members Ride
1992 HSV SENATOR 5000i
That's excellent, anyone looking at buying(or owns) a VN or VP should read this.

vks

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 vn 3.8 S pack
thanx man this helped me out alot, LEGEND

cheers chris

V

vp manual wagon

I couldn't find a problem I currently have, which is that the battery light comes on every now and then and the lights dim, but I know what it is, I think the alternator brushes are no longer connecting properly, which means that only the brushes need replacing at this point which means I should only be spending about $50 I think, rather than the whole thing, Am I right in this?? haha I think it's very common..

bencom

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl berlina,vl nothing,vt v8 ex police
I think you will find it will be your regulator the black box on the back of the alt

andy05

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6 Commodore Executive....and a London bus
Some annoying faults not mentioned: fuse cover falling down all the time, vn/vp horn pad falling off all the time, boot rattles hard to eliminate, seats recline by themselves over several days, poor fitting dashboard looks bodgey (although the stuff its made out of is good quality and tough), door lining becomes loose with age, some interiour plastic surfaces have rough moulding marks on them (interior door handles, grab handles) Buttons on dash make a plasticy sound when depressed. Small stuff maybe, and I love my car, but lets face it, Holden knew this was unacceptable, thats why they fixed most of these problems with the introduction of the VT.