Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Does anyone know what the cause for a 1991 vn commodore clutch to fall to the fall and not come back??? Checked the spring and clutch fork and everything seems alright there??? Some help would be much appreciated
Had that happen in my VL some years ago. It was a broken spring in the clutch master cylinder.

Josh Klemke

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 Vn v6 3.8
Had that happen in my VL some years ago. It was a broken spring in the clutch master cylinder.
I thought it could've been that aswell but I'm almost certain that the vn has a clutch cable

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
I thought it could've been that aswell but I'm almost certain that the vn has a clutch cable
Must be a snapped cable if not hydraulic.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
The clutch spring tensions the pedal to spring to floor unless that breaks....you'll when it's broken as there'll be no pedal feel & pedal will lift upwards instead of crashing to floor like supposed to.

Most likely snapped or stretched clutch cable....disconnect it off clutch fork pull on the end & get someone pull pedal up to see if it works.

Other thing to check if clutch fork has cracked or bent which can happen.