Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn vp project

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
first of sorry to all those vn vp lovers..
just wondering if anyone had done a vr vs dash and/or front end conversion on a vn vp?
because i was thinking about doing it for fun..

does anyone have pics so i can see how it looks?

budwizer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
yeah mate check ive done a vs dash conversion then upgraded that to a vr statesman dash, and also have put a vs ss front on.
my suggestion is if ur considering putting power windows and/or climate control then do a loom upgrade as well so u get all the functions, its possible to keep ur existing ecu and engine loom and you will still have the security functions of that from a hi/lux bcm.
started out but with vn lvl 3 cluster
olddash2.jpg

then vs dash and climate control
newdash2.jpg

at night
R0011714.jpg

now stato dash
IMG_0194.jpg

outside
this
mycar2.jpg

to this
Image098.jpg

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
wow that looks pretty good. how'd you go about putting the climate control in? was it simply swapping the looms or is there more to it?
and with the front end did everything bolt up or did you have to modify anything or make your own holes?

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
oh and with the light, hazard buttons ect ect.. was that just switching a loom?

budwizer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn
i have a vs berlina s2 wiring loom in it with my origonal vn manual motor and ecu.. so i had to do a little bit of patch wiring between teh loom and ecu.. then everything from climate to power windows was plug and play.
yeah everything pretty much bolted up ull have to make like 2 holes for the bracket that holds the front of the guards/bumper section. then the headlights were a pretty much fit aside from u couldn't bolt up a few bolts..

yeah if u decide to patch it. keeping ur vn body loom.. the ull have plenty of wires u need to modify for all of the dash.

climate control you have to remove the whole hvac box. which is the big black box behind the dash. like 8 bolts and plug it into ur new loom or patch in 11 wires from ur old loom.

Braydenreid

Reaction score
Members Ride
S/C VX Calais
wow it sounds a bit complicated but im sure if i knew what i was doing it wopuld be easy, i might give it a go one day and see how i go :) thanks for the help