Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN......VP Specifications

DF_Media

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
StealthX said:
wes_v8 has basically specified the Holden made commodores and didn't really get into the HSV Enhanced ones.

In the HSV Range there is also:
1989 HSV VN SV5000
1990 HSV VG Maloo
1990 HSV Statesman SV90
&
1992 HSV VP GTS

What about the SV89 ?

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
yeah there was lots of models, my fav tho is the group A vn ss.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ther Berlina came with alot of extras over the executive. If you sat down and compared the two cars you would find handfulls of things that are different, adds up to 50kg of stuff. The standard Lexcen is pretty much the same as a Berlina except it cost more. It even cost more than a V8 Holden Berlina I think, maybe the same as a Calias, The Lexcen was 30 grand while the Holdens were starting at 25, Someone said it had a much longer warranty.

Lexcens had cruise control, Power Mirrors, Power antenna, Berlina interior lights, differnt tacho, different trim, push button boot release, a clear section on the rear lights, and orange indicators. Either the VR or VS Lexcen has a different front end than the Commodore and I really think it looks meaner than the Holden VR/VS front end

Attachments

• vr_lexcen_red.jpg
    vr_lexcen_red.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 713
  • vs_lexcen.jpg
    vs_lexcen.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 773
  • vr_lexcen.jpg
    vr_lexcen.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 465
  • vs_lexcen2.jpg
    vs_lexcen2.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 529

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Berlina LX is above Calais, and below Calais International. As far as i know anyway, would never buy one though

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
http://www.answers.com/topic/holden-1 said:
Model-sharing under the Button Plan

Between the late 1980s and mid-1990s, the Australian government introduced a plan to restructure the local motor industry, which involved local manufacturers sharing models, known as the Button Plan, after the federal minister for trade and industry, John Button. Holden sold the Nissan Pulsar as a Holden Astra (not to be confused with the Opel-sourced model of the same name) and used the 3.0 L 6 cylinder RB engine from Nissan's Skyline in the VL Commodore (1986-1988). In 1988, it then entered a partnership with Toyota in Australia, to form a joint venture company called United Australian Automobile Industries (UAAI). In 1989, Holden began selling rebadged versions of Toyota's Corolla and Camry, as the Nova and Apollo, while Toyota sold the Commodore as the Toyota Lexcen, named after the late America’s Cup yacht designer, Ben Lexcen. This badge engineering proved unpopular with buyers, even though rival Ford had been successful with its Laser and Telstar models, which were just thinly disguised versions of Mazda's 323 and 626.

And that's why we have Toyota Lexcens :p

Wingnut0021

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 VN Commodore, 1997 VS Statesman II V8
My mums toyota lexcen only had power mirrors the rest was stock. There are also other models of lexcen, exeutive(later known as Csi), GL(Lxi i think) and GLX(newport).

vztrt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec
StealthX said:
err Lexcen was produced by Toyota? wasn't it. Whats the history behind Toyota scammin holden's designs anyway?

Same as Holden scamming Toyota's Camry. (the Apollo, the nova and i think another one) Toyota wanted a RWD 6 and Holden wanted a mid and small car.