Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN/VP/VG ute tray dimensions?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Director build number 332..."CALDIR"
Hello

Does anyone know or can anyone measure the tray dimensions of a VN/VP/VG ute?

I am looking to buy a Holden ute but want the to find out which has the longest tray out of the VG to VF range and finding the oldest ones are the hardest to find any dimensions of.

Just purchased a motorbike that has a length of 2311mm and the longest ute tray out of the VS to VF range seems to be the VU/VY/VZ ute at 2193mm.

Regards,

RTSV6UTE

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
If you want to fit a bike in the back, keep an eye out for the VS LWB version like this.
endeavour_motors_holden_commodore_vs_long_wheel_base_ute_99132268161553282.jpg

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
The VS LWB ute seems like the most obvious solution for me. My bike is a 2019 Indian Scout and measures 2311mm long. It would fit very tightly in most Holden utes but the tailgate would have to stay down which is not what I really want to do. The VS LWB ute could be the ute of my dreams!

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i just use rope to hold the tail gate close if i can t shut it, the bike is secured using ratchet tie downs and number plate is at the bottom, not in the tail gate like the ve/f

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
The VS LWB ute seems like the most obvious solution for me. My bike is a 2019 Indian Scout and measures 2311mm long. It would fit very tightly in most Holden utes but the tailgate would have to stay down which is not what I really want to do. The VS LWB ute could be the ute of my dreams!
I have a Harley-Davidson Softail Deuce. In almost 10 years I've only trailered it maybe 2-3 times and had it in a van or enclosed trailer a half dozen times.
When you mentioned the length of it I suspected something like that, but can't think of a reason to trailer it so often that you require another vehicle just for that purpose. I mean the bike is legally registered for the road, yes?

RTSV6UTE

Reaction score
Members Ride
can't think of a reason to trailer it so often that you require another vehicle just for that purpose. I mean the bike is legally registered for the road, yes?

One reason is for servicing, I live 1 hour away from my preferred service department and bringing the bike in the back of a ute would be great so I can continue on to do whatever I need for that day and go back and pick it up the next day at my leisure.

The main advantage is I have good friends that live in SA & QLD and whilst I would love to bring my bike when I visit to go for local rides with my mates, I wouldn't want to ride it all the way to QLD from Melbourne on my own and like to have the convenience of a car with me when on holidays.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
One reason is for servicing, I live 1 hour away from my preferred service department and bringing the bike in the back of a ute would be great so I can continue on to do whatever I need for that day and go back and pick it up the next day at my leisure.

The main advantage is I have good friends that live in SA & QLD and whilst I would love to bring my bike when I visit to go for local rides with my mates, I wouldn't want to ride it all the way to QLD from Melbourne on my own and like to have the convenience of a car with me when on holidays.
That seems like some bloody good reasons. Good on ya