Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN VP VR Mainfolds... Interchangeable?...

g00gz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 Accord Euro
Are Vn, vp, vr manifolds interchangeable? i.e could i put lets say a vr manifold onto a vn? The main thing i'm concerned about is the thermostat housing positioning, on the vn's its at the back, vr's on the front!

i've never taken a manifold off so i don'tknow what it looks like underneath, so anyone who could help would be a legend!!!:thumbsup:

hemipoweredvk

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais, vn waggon
no s1 heads are different and wont let u fit the later mani. vn s2 till vr are all interchangeble

s_pack

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah im assuming you wouldn't be able to use a inlet manifold with the thermostat housing on it, on an engine that didn't have one to start with.. Unless you were to block the hole perhaps? Anyways, VN engines up till november 1990 (I thinkk..) will have thermostat at the back. So Series II VN's up to VR's will have thermostat on the inlet manifold.

This is what a Series I VN donk looks like without the inlet manifold, or rocker covers, or valley gaskets... :D

Attachments

• 17-03-06_1422.jpg
    17-03-06_1422.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 389

g00gz

Reaction score
Members Ride
'08 Accord Euro
Cheers guys!

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
they will all physically fit, but hosing is different between series 1 and 2 and series 2 heads have an extra hole for crankcase ventilation that the series one dont have. have a look at s_packs picture there and look just abve the square port in head on top right of pic. there is a circle marking where the gasket has been sitting. also look at the gasket, it has the hole in it. thats the only real difference between series one and 2 heads. the manifolds have that difference aswell and a few hose spots and sensors are in different positions.

Last edited: