Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vn - vr distributor plug replacement

Izzey

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
hi all just wondering if any one can tell me what plug is on the distributor of a vn distributor or where i can get a harness plug replacement .Or maybe i just rewire it to suit an aftermarket plug

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Might want to do forum or google search read factory manual & look diagram provided first...all the answers you need in it.Couple of vital steps need to be followed

Or could have marked it all with marker pen & replaced it same way it was pulled apart.

ps plug is model specific so vn/p is different to vr/s & again vt or vs series 3

Last edited:

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
hi all just wondering if any one can tell me what plug is on the distributor of a vn distributor or where i can get a harness plug replacement .Or maybe i just rewire it to suit an aftermarket plug
dist plug 3 wires @ white/black, Light Blue/white, Grey/red stripe which runs/connect to ignition module, the plug has a unique shape to fit dist male end, try efi hardware they might have one to suit, theres an electrical company here (SA) called Ashdown or Ashgrove (from memory) that do all things electrical. Try asking @losh1971 on here, he knows the proper name.

That plug suits the fitting on dist so dont think you can just rewire it with an aftermarket female plug, you need the factory plug.