Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN-VS Cupholders

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
CUP HOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if its been done before, with the car being around 20years old I'm sure it has, but figured I might as well post it up anyway.

Pretty easy, just get out Dr. Hole Saw and measure it up. If you want to make it prettier you could go to the wreckers and cut out cup holders from another car then plastic weld them into the centre console.

Cupholders.jpg

Cupholders2.jpg

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
So then how exactly would one operate the window controls?

Great idea for a paddock basher though, LOL

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
One of the guys used plastic pipe to tidy it up

100_9354.jpg

You're right though Deuce, we have the switches in the way. Sucks cause I really would like 1 or 2 in the clubby :/

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
So then how exactly would one operate the window controls?

Great idea for a paddock basher though, LOL

Looks like this mod is restricted to the executives (just like it should be) lol.

As far as im aware, best solution is the caprice cup holders.

armrestfitted002.jpg

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
^^^^ Ooooo melikes. Think I better look into that one.

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Yep power windows do stop this, I am aware of the caprice centre console lid cup holder but I just dont like the shape. And this is in my shitbox daily vr and is free haha

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Yep power windows do stop this, I am aware of the caprice centre console lid cup holder but I just dont like the shape. And this is in my shitbox daily vr and is free haha

Its a great idea. Just sucks we can't do it lol.

DanoVPSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 3.8 SII
When I pulled the VS stato apart for the donor L67 etc, I pulled the front centre armrest apart to separate the wiring harness (tilt switch lights up the armrest compartment).

I found a double cup-holder inside the housing. To make it work all you'd need to do is to trim the front of the armrest and tidy up the leather upholstery. That, and if I remember correctly, there was a little bit of plastic welding holding the cup-holder in place.

There was also provision for a bit of a mechanism that would fold down and support the bottom of the cup, but this (actual hinged piece) was not fitted, just the circular holes in the sliding plastic frame.

(edit... if you look at the pic above of the single cup-holder, you can see where the hinged piece is fitted)

triple b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore
Yeah Holden was going to have cupholders in the Statos and Caprices but for some reason scrapped the idea and stitched over them. All Stato and Caprice centre console lids should have them under the stitching

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Condensation and spillage over the power window buttons is just asking for trouble..