Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN-VS Cupholders

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
The cup holders on the console lid was a **** idea, having to remove the drinks to open the centre console lid.
Got me ####ed why they couldn't put them in the dash, hell even a Mitsubishi lancer of the same vintage has duel cup holders below the radio.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
CUP HOLDERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if its been done before, with the car being around 20years old I'm sure it has, but figured I might as well post it up anyway.

Pretty easy, just get out Dr. Hole Saw and measure it up. If you want to make it prettier you could go to the wreckers and cut out cup holders from another car then plastic weld them into the centre console.

Cupholders.jpg

Cupholders2.jpg

I wish I could do this....my last 2 have had power windows so that space is used. (and cbf relocating wiring harness for power window switches)

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Condensation and spillage over the power window buttons is just asking for trouble..

Just dont use something retarded like a glass or plastic cup and they dont spill anywhere. Ive had these on every single commodore/stato I currently own or used to own and have never had any problems with spillage damaging electrics. If anthing the only downsides are if you need to get into the console or wind up/down the passenger windows

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Tell that to the broad community, sorry U can't put ur macca's drink in the cup holder.. common sense is a thing of the past, that and the roads are ****.. Which I believe is the reason Holden didn't go ahead with them, mitigating any issues

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
Tell that to the broad community, sorry U can't put ur macca's drink in the cup holder.. common sense is a thing of the past, that and the roads are ****.. Which I believe is the reason Holden didn't go ahead with them, mitigating any issues

Maccas cups are fine as they have lids. im talking about these uploadfromtaptalk1369107974115.jpg as they dont have lids.... how about you start using YOUR common sense

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Maccas cups are fine as they have lids. im talking about these View attachment 161201 as they dont have lids.... how about you start using YOUR common sense

*facepalm*

And when a macca's cup is full and the lids not on properly, or U brake hard and it comes out the straw hole?

seriously who takes a glass in the car.. Lol at common sense

turmoil117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs berlina
*facepalm*

And when a macca's cup is full and the lids not on properly, or U brake hard and it comes out the straw hole?

seriously who takes a glass in the car.. Lol at common sense

As I have said I have had these in every one of my commodores/statos and I have never had that problem. If somebody cant use a maccas cup correctly they really shouldnt be left in charge of an automobile

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Maccas cup fits perfectly between the handbrake and the passenger seat. Just a good idea to keep a hand on it at the same time. Did anyone do anything aftermarket to go under the stereos in the VN-VS?

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
As I have said I have had these in every one of my commodores/statos and I have never had that problem. If somebody cant use a maccas cup correctly they really shouldnt be left in charge of an automobile

and that's why they are working at maccas..

When U design something, U design it for use by idiots (yes strong word) and so it and anything around it won't fail because of it. Its a great idea but a poor design, which is why it wasn't completed and sown over.