Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Waggy Boot Install

xXBoofXx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Waggy
Howdy all,

I have a bunch of questions i want to ask about the install i am planning.

Firstly, I currently have a decent pair of 4inch speakers in the factory position in the dash running off the head unit and i want to put some 6.5'' splits in the front doors and in the boot and these will be running off a 600w Pioneer 4 channel, so im wondering if the 4inch will distort badly and if it's even worth leaving them it?

Secondly, I want to make 2 custom boxes in the boot that will sit over the wheel arches between the back seat and the hatch to house 1 amp either side, a pair of 6.5'' splits as mentioned above and just behide the seat will sit a 12'' Reverse mounted subs either side.

My question is, is there a noticable difference between normal mounted subs and reverse mounted subs and which sounds better? I'm thinking of going reverse mounted because of the space issue with the wheel arches.

Thanks.

holdenboy

Custom Car Stereo Systems
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Wagon
Yep disconnect the 4"s in the stock locations. Those spots are a good place to mount the tweeters also.

As far as inverting subs goes, there isnt a huge difference in output IMO. Ideally you want to mount them normally, but in your case it'll be much easier to invert them.

xXBoofXx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 VN Waggy
Alright thanks for the replies.