Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Wagon stalling

KeaganKaotic

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 3.8 VN Wagon
Hey guys.
A friend said its the Surge Pump causing this, another said may be the Fuel pump, and yet another friend said it may be something in my tank... but none of them own a VN so I just wanted a second opinion.
When my VN has less than half a tank of petrol it begins to run rough, and even sometimes stall when i sit at the lights for 30+ seconds...
When fuel is full runs like a dream.
I'm getting her serviced and 'tuned' this Thursday. Which may help as it runs a little rough anyway. But its considerably a lot worse when petrol is low.
Also after I've been on a long drive (and petrol is low) once I park, and turn her off. There is a. long stretched out...squeal?...Squeal doesnt describe it very well, but its a high pitched whine coming from near my fuel tank at the back of the car...this goes on for about 10 seconds. Though it doesnt happen EVERY time, only days it seems to be running rougher than usual.

Any suggestions on what it may be?
Thanks guys

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
Havn't you posted this same question before?
I think the squeal could be the fuel pump or there might be an issue with the hoses possible leaking inside the tank.
Lets hope its your fuel pump as anything else is bloody hard to get at in the tank.

Cheers

Dan