Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vn Wagon With A Difference

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Havent done much with this old girl lately except drive the tires off it haha, put a V8 throttle body on it last night. Cant really do much else with the motor now apart from a chip, any other work would have to be cam change or rockers. Gets along not to bad now tho, thinking i'm going to be up for another trans soon tho. Put the V8 throttle body on last night & took it for a run & the trans slipped a couple of times so that'll be on the hitlist again soon i'd say. I'll shifkit the next trans to go in as the factory slide through shifts are whats rooting these transmissions :rockon:

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Just a couple of updated pics, still driving the wheels off the old girl daily. New set of 18's now & lowered the back some more, all satin black & scored some Vs statesman clear front indicators.......

C B

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VY II Storm Ute
New wheels look 100% better mate :)

Not a huge fan of the scoop though....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Yeah got these in on a wreck & new they were what was needed, suit her to a t. As for the scoop they are an aquired taste i agree but i done the right thing its glued on with sikaflex so i can remove it down the track if i want & have no holes in the bonnet to contend with.....

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Doing a bit more to the old girl at present, another trans blew so currently pulling the engine & trans out. I deal in commodores for a living so plenty of parts here, grabbed a nice Vr engine & a vp trans & have painted those up ready to go in. Nothing wrong with the engine in her but over the chevy orange look haha so new donk going in, going to tidy up a lot of things while shes apart.
Redoing the exhaust to, no back pressure & with what all i did to it shes all top end so changing everything. New exhaust - chipped computer & looseing the V8 throttle body so should go a lot better this time round.....

MEANL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 CALAIS
always liked the stato look on the wagons. reminds me of meanvns wagon. keep the updates coming.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
always liked the stato look on the wagons. reminds me of meanvns wagon. keep the updates coming.

Cheers..... theyre something different yeah, sure wont be parting with this one.
Got the new engine & trans in, shes going a hell of a lot better now. No more slipping trans & the new engines a heap better as well, didnt put the V8 throttle body back on & binned the straight through exhaust which has done the trick. Shes now got bottom end tourque where as before the way i set it up she was all up top, sure learned a few tricks on these.....
Will keep the updates coming for sure, some current pics with the new engine....

MEANL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT L67 CALAIS
I regret letting my ol wagon go, but I had no choice at the time. they are somehow gaining more apprieciation and glad its a keeper.

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
I regret letting my ol wagon go, but I had no choice at the time. they are somehow gaining more apprieciation and glad its a keeper.

Yeah you see a few more getting done up these days over here to, dont really no why but i'm not a sedan fan. Buy a sedan & it never lasts here long lol.
This one here's sure staying put shes part of the family here, more time goes by better this gets. Had the computer chipped this week which has sure changed her, shes getting along quite well now for what she is..

GypsyNz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy Wagon Ls1 & Vn Wagon
Well looks like new years will bring some changes with this old girl, not much of a V8 fan but i no thats what this needs to really set her off so i bit the bullet today & bought a smacked up vr ss. Motor was fine before the crash but has been sitting for a while so fingers crossed its still all good, price was worth it so yeah V8 it will be.
Will be keeping it column change as well so thatll be something different, will update this when i get the wreck home sometime next week ;-)