Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN wheel allignment weird

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
Just got back from thailand today after 10 days, the day before i went i drove my car, all was good.

No-one drove it under specific orders while i was away, my mum just back it out a meter and then drove it back in because the house is being painted.

Today i get in my car and suddenly what used to be a pretty good wheel alignment is absolutely way off. steering wheel almost half turned=wheels pointing straight.

I don't see how this is possible without the car being driven? is it? i also went around a corner a little quick today and the front tires seemed to over steer, the front of the car pulled left, the way in which the steering wheel is now naturally turning (anticlockwise), there was a bit of screeching aswell, but the speed i was going was nothing out of the ordinary.

(my mum stresses that no-one drove the car, and all she did was reverse and forward, didn't even turn the steering wheel, no pot holes etc.)

I might just be looking too hard now but it also seems like one of the front wheels is on an angle eg. like a supercar.

I had a quick look underneath just now with a torch but way too late to jack it up as i have uni tomorrow.

Any ideas or does this all sound bloody crazy?

Matty o

Reaction score
Members Ride
01 VU SS UTE
check ya tyre pressures

vl_nick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon, VF Redline
something like this doesnt just happen with it sitting there. someone has to have driven it.

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
something like this doesnt just happen with it sitting there. someone has to have driven it.

yer i know, just doesnt make sense.

And nah definitely not tire pressure

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Whos painting your house,and is your mum there all day with them.Maybe they have been swapping parts over from your car if no ones there..If not,then it has to have been driven,Id sus out the painters,your mum might have given them the keys to hang onto so they could move it out of the driveway when they needed to,then maybe they decided to go get smoko in it and hit a gutter.Is there any scuff marks on the tyre walls?

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
Whos painting your house,and is your mum there all day with them.Maybe they have been swapping parts over from your car if no ones there..If not,then it has to have been driven,Id sus out the painters,your mum might have given them the keys to hang onto so they could move it out of the driveway when they needed to,then maybe they decided to go get smoko in it and hit a gutter.Is there any scuff marks on the tyre walls?

nope, my uncle was painting the house, and i did check for gutter rash in the rare situation someone stole it for the night and then put it back in its place afterwards.

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
PROBLEM SOLVED!

well not solved, but diagnosed at least.

finished uni early today so jacked her up, had a bit of an inspection, turned the wheels back n forth.

VERY shocked to find the bolt holding the lower control arm in place had fallen out to the point where it wasn't poking through the other side. And to think i drove it about 30k's like that scares me.

No sign of the nut in my driveway anywhere so it's off on a 1 hr drive to the wreckers to get a bloody nut, unless someone has one lying around near wantirna south in VIC?

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Dude if you're at Wantirna Sth then go see the Commodore frenzy boys at Kalman Drive Boronia that can't be more than 10 minutes away (9729 8126)
I'd be surprised if they wanted anything for the nut. They only do Commo's, they know what they're talking about and have taken great care of my VP Berlina V8. I don't bother going anywhere else now.
Tell them Warranty Void sent you if you want, cant hurt.

Last edited:

joe seinfeld

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN II Berlina
Dude if you're at Wantirna Sth then go see the Commodore frenzy boys at Kalman Drive Boronia that can't be more than 10 minutes away (9729 8126)
I'd be surprised if they wanted anything for the nut. They only do Commo's, they know what they're talking about and have taken great care of my VP Berlina V8. I don't bother going anywhere else now.
Tell them Warranty Void sent you if you want, cant hurt.

Done and done, thanks warranty void.

They didn't charge me for the bolt and definitely have my business from now on. Next on the list to look for a is a vn ss lip kit which are bloody impossible to find lol

Defected

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline S1 Wagon
If commodore frenzy cant for some reason help you in the future you have a commodore wrecker in FTG, one in kilsyth and pick a part in kilsyth too mate all less than 15mins drive from there