Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Wont kick over and acting really weird (PLEASE HELP)

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
86 VL Turbo SL soon to be canary yellow bt1 mock
My vn is acting really weird last night i cruised around it for a long time and then turned it off for 5min i went to kick it over and when i turned the key nothing happend then all the electric were not doing as they should the highbeam would go on for 2 seconds and then turn off. I thought it was the battery but i put my battery charger upto it and it says fine. I then tried the high beam it was working really good same as the electric windows. I then tried to turn it over and all i heard is the clicking sound you usualy hear with a flat battery but it was like 10 times faster and twice as loud.

I checked my batterys water levels there fine and although last night my positive terminal was white i poured warm water over it today on the terminal and the positive side off the battery.

Is it the battery causing it or is my car f**K**d ??? Please help i need it for work for Monday ???

ybl8te

Reaction score
Members Ride
calis vn v8
get another battery out of a friends car and try that..........leaning towards battery for me

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
When i kick it over Fuel,Spd,Temp light flashes two times and then disapears. Also engine light,oil, battery light stay on. Also the three led windows in the cluster flash as well.

And if you try it a few times eventually they all stay on and a weird short cercuit like sound comes from up front.

M3ZZA

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok i tried the switch in the glove box and it may not be the issue. I disconnected my battery charger and it won't even try to kick over and i have no head lights,interior light is very weak and central locking wont work even the odometer which stays on when the cars off is really dull so i think my first choice off action will be a brand new battery.