Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN Won't Start

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
that's where i was headed next with injector pulse but didn't want to go there until we know if it has flowing fuel :thumbsup:

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
or the obvious thing could be fowled fuel. water can leak into their tanks . you fill up drive around the corner and she dies. it will need a full flush if thats the case and if u have your reciet get them assholes to pay for it

endlesshysteria

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
Cheers for the help guys. Will be taking the filter out tomorrow after checking for flow, soaking it in fuel before it goes back in though ;)

Thanks for the tip about injector cleaner.

Sounds like the injectors are ticking and good spark, plugs only replaced 2 years ago and has been rarely driven since as old man has a work ute but now needs the commie back for some reason.

If its not fuel, i will take plugs out and possibly replace them to test that. Got some spare leads here from when I had the VT engine done, also the same for plugs.

As for water in the fuel, haven't heard of it before and trust the servo I always go to, besides don't have a receipt...

Dont like the sounds of getting injectors cleaned, wouldn't really be worth it. Car is worth about $2k these days, cheaper to buy a new one, but lets hope it aint that.

endlesshysteria

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Equipe
Checking the flow tomorrow (Thursday) night, will post how it goes.

Either way, will be testing the rest Friday as I have the day off work and dont finish til 7 tomorrow night so limited time to get things done.....

Zuicider

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Set of thongs
yer just a few problem places at my end, endless complaints about fuel in the water, must have had to fix 10 or so cars over the last 12 months

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if the filter is new theres no point taking it back out it wont block that fast even if its in backwards it will still go i just replaced someones filter been in for years was on backwards didnt effect the running of the engine at all.pull either the inlet or outlet line at the engine saves getting under the car at all.turn the key 5 or 6 times will fill the filter pretty quickly

rob drag racer

vn vp drag nut
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
vp 3.8 with gas new project vn s1 guted strip only
if the filter is new theres no point taking it back out it wont block that fast even if its in backwards it will still go i just replaced someones filter been in for years was on backwards didnt effect the running of the engine at all.pull either the inlet or outlet line at the engine saves getting under the car at all.turn the key 5 or 6 times will fill the filter pretty quickly

that's not 100% true my filter has a anti flow back valve in it put it in the wrong way and it don't work

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
is it an aftermarket flash filter stock VL-VS replacement filters dont have them at all the non return is in the fuel pump.