Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN6PWR's VN wagon

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Hi all, I thought I might fianlly get around to posting my car up, I got it off my auntie last year for $500 its just an S1.5 exec manual with factory cruise control, alarm and tinted windows with 185000 on the clock, All it needed was a new ignition barrel, alternator and battery. It came with the granny visor, rear dust deflector and 14" hubcaps so they were the first to go, I also removed the bonnet protector and weather protectors from the front doors so it looks a bit sleeker.

My first project was the sound system, The car came with a old sony tape deck and 10cd stacker so I'm just keeping that for the time being, but I put in:

-12" 600W clarion sub & Box
-Clarion 4ch amp
-Clarion 6x9's
-Pioneer 4" for the front

I then made a custom box for all the gear to house in which turned out alright, and brackets for the 6x9's in the back.

Second project was the towbar as I will be towing alot soon. I got a complete towbar off ebay for $60 which I put on and recently wired up the plug for the lights.

Lastly I scored a set of 2xCSA + 2xAUSTAR 15" Rims of ebay for $90, but I wouldnt gave got them as they were advertised as 16's and matching set. They will do me for now anyways.

Plans for the car are:

-New white cluster insert
-Sports steering wheel
-Re-tint windows and new front windscreen
-VR/S front ie. (Guards,bonnet,bumper and lights)
-resprayed (not sure of colour yet??)
-VS S/C CAI
-Pacies and 2.5" catback + Oval tip
- 17" HSV replica rims (not sure what car)
-Lowered on King superlows and monroe gt gas short + adj panhard rod
-Redo sound system (Clarion splits in front doors, Clarion H/U, use existing amp to power rear's and fronts and get a mono amp to power 2 subs)

Most of this will be done next year, so I think i'll be spending around $4-5g on it to get it the way I want as it has to last me a couple of years, so I post pics as I go.

P1010066.jpg

P1010065.jpg

P1010067ed.jpg

P1010068ed.jpg

P1010071ed.jpg

P2280092.jpg

P2280088ed.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

VRFURY

Just Nic
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II Berlina International Sportswagon
looks nice and clean man like what ya did with the sub

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Sounds good man. the pics aren't working atm, i'll check back later and have a look.

NickVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive A4 V8
Thats better the pics are working now. looks very neat mate and very low km's for a VN. for $500 it's definately a good buy. the VR/VS front conversion should look good.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for the comments everyone. Yeah it it should look good when it get the VR front & respray next year when I get a better job after school. I figure Its got a damaged RH guard, needs new headlights, and a cracked front bumper so I may as-well get the front changed for something that looks a bit better. And the paint isnt all that great so it will either get a full respray or atleast new front matched & colour code all the plastics, depends how much I end up saving up.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Heh forgot this thread even existed!!, anyway not too much happenin... got a new windscreen, new FR guard, de-badged, Painted grille. also gave a cut n polish:)

heres next on the list:

susp.jpg

will report back when its in :D

then gotta get new tyres put on the back, they had outside wear on them when i got them, also repainting them as they have a few grazes. got 14" stockies atm.

also a new h/u and front speakers (in VS pods) soon i hope. Maybe redo the boot instal if i decide to throw out the sub.

cheers

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
got the new shocks/springs in yet??? i would paint the bumpers black :p lol, thats what my grandfather done before i got it. manual,... drewl. ill have a manual VN soon, just you wait *shakes fist*