Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VNSS front end knock

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yeah, I'd be saying something isn't tight enough, or a rubber/bush is busted.

Levymetal - I had a mate whose stato had exactly the same problem. I jumped underneath while he bounced the car, and I found the lower shock bolt was loose :)

ScoHar

Jizz in my pants
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Senator
I had the same sound, turned out LH side engine mount was loose where it bolts to engine. other than that I would've said link pins

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
I still got a clunk in my front end. I've done link pins and all othe front bushes are fine. Its somthing in the strut top or its the shock itself.
So i cant be fugged getting the strut out so i've booked in for one of the famous pedders $14 6000point suspension check and let them put it on the hoist and work it out, then ill either fix it myself or get it done somwhere else at a reasonable price.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Yeah, I'd be saying something isn't tight enough, or a rubber/bush is busted.

Levymetal - I had a mate whose stato had exactly the same problem. I jumped underneath while he bounced the car, and I found the lower shock bolt was loose :)

loose!, i got underneath mine once and realised the bolt was gone :bang:

dont know how.... but believe it or not, the ride was actually better with the bolt out hahaha

grim596

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 3.0L TDi Colorado
Shocks?

i have a knock at the left front, over any bump no matter how small, then pulled up and down on the left side (nothing) grabbed the top of the wheel while it wasn't jacked up and moved it side to side (knock knock knock) sounds like it's actually coming from the shocky say if it's busted is there a way ift can still work vertically but there's something wrong inside it that lets it move horizontally?

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
I have the exact same problem just this morning.
You can feel the knock comeing trough the foot rest next to the break. Ande it only makes a knock when you are accelerating not when you are breaking.
How did you go hooligan with finding the issue?.
I will go home and check the engine mounts and shock bolts.

Warranty Void

Take it apart? Me? No!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Berlina LX V8
Gearbox bolts

Same noise on my VP was gearbox lifting at rear 'cos the 2 bolts had fallen out, mechanic knew it right away and had spares on his bench it happens so much.

LordMayhem

Here For A Good Time!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais
have a look at the front struts...the collars that hold the strut insert in have a habit of coming loose just a bit and can give the same noise/feel