Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Volk wheels

Discussion in 'General' started by Uncle.H, Sep 28, 2005.

1. Uncle.H

Uncle.H New Member

Members Ride:
    SS Ute
    Ok peeps first post here so hello from me..
    Now down to work I am looking for some Volk wheels for the SS ute any of you guys know of shops in syd who sell them? I just cant seem to find any grr
    these are what I want :yeah: mmmmm TE37s drool
    [​IMG]

2. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    do not put those on a SS ute. they belong on japanese sports cars (though i have seen them on ferraris and porsches and that was a nise fusion effect)

an SS ute is neither japanese, or sporty. im all for new and original things, but this is retarded.

3. Welcome to the Madhouse, mate........ personaly, I don't like mags that much, but they do look nice..... wouldn't suit me Vee Pee, but would look OK on a newish tilly.....

4. Boonz

Boonz Donating Member

Members Ride:
    green 355 VG ute
    try and suss out some vt senator wheels in champagne.......they look WILD on ss utes.....what colour is it by the way

5. Uncle.H

Uncle.H New Member

Members Ride:
    SS Ute
    IN Ref to :czerwonyVN
    umm think out side your squair champ.I am not looking for bling 100% (although I do like the look of TEs alot) I am also looking for unsprung weight loss and less rotating mass.Rays are one of the best wheel makers in the biz this is why you have seen them on rice and sports cars because they work.No your right I should just take off the calipers and bung on some 15" Hotwires or no even better some jelly beans good OLD Ozzie stuff huh :rolleyes:

Last edited: Sep 28, 2005
  6. Uncle.H

Uncle.H New Member

Members Ride:
    SS Ute
    Deft blue champ.All the norm bolt on stuff at the moment but a call to capper is on the cards soon I think :)

7. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    there is a plethora of wheel companies making lightweight rims... something like BBS would be far more suited. i wouldnt have picked an SS ute driver as one who would worry too much about weight though. just a thought. whatever i say, its your money, your choice, and no one is going to refuse to sell you those rims if you have the money just because i think it's wrong. i am just stating my opinion. what model ute, btw?

8. czerwonyVN , you continually astound me with the amount of knowledge that can be jammed into one so young.................be good to put some of it into practice, hey???? I mean...where do you get all this??? do you just surf the net looking for all this, or have you actually owned these things, or dealt with these companies etc etc???????My appologies to you , Uncle H.....

9. Julie

Julie moderator- for now anyway

Members Ride:
    Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
    Thank god its not japanese :whistling............. BUT please explain what you think the s's in ss stand for? ;)

10. Uncle.H

Uncle.H New Member

Members Ride:
    SS Ute
    Yup your right there are heaps of them and I would say B.B.S are about the same level as Rays but as you say if I am shelling out the dosh I want to look at them and like what I look at and to me B.B.S just dont cut it.Speedline make some nice stuff but nah its Volks for me.Less weight also meens stops better corners better not just faster and I realy like to stop lol.VUII As for your opinion you have the right to express it and I have the right not to read it so post away my good man post away :)

11. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    i honestly couldnt tell if you are purely poking fun at me or actually asking questions that i should be posting answers to.... so which is it?

12. AirStrike

AirStrike Administrator Staff Member

Members Ride:
    91' VN SS
    He is taking a stab mate:unsure:
    AirStrike :air:

13. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    ratattack, i have never doubted or undermined your wealth of knowledge and experience... so why the hostility? yes, obviously you will know more than me (about most things, but not all) and you have had 3 decades more to accumulate this knowledge and experience. i disbelieve, however, that my age should prevent me from forming my own opinions and expressing those opinions.

14. Uncle.H

Uncle.H New Member

Members Ride:
    SS Ute
    ahh look at me not care'in at all me > :wave: <
    I just want some help finding my wheels.

15. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    lol sorry cant help you there, im not even in syd as you can see.

16. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    go into any of the major wheel shops and ask... if they dont supply, they'll either ship them in or track down an official distributor in your city for you. if they dont, they suck.
    :king:

17. Uncle.H

Uncle.H New Member

Members Ride:
    SS Ute
    Yup been there done that it wouild seem Rays are hard to get

18. czerwonyVN

czerwonyVN New Member

Members Ride:
    VN 3.8 A4
    well i found a shop in NSW that advertises TE37s

Unique Autosports

go parts catalogue (on the left) and find rays engineering, or 'new mag wheels'.

19. Julie

Julie moderator- for now anyway

Members Ride:
    Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
    Big O Tyres advertise rays on their website, might be worth a look.

Unit 2/4 Bridges Road, Moorebank NSW 2170
    (Off Newbridge Road)

Phone: (02) 9824 3066
    Fax: (02) 98243866

www.bigotyres.com.au

Good luck with it :)

1 person likes this.
  20. No hostility from my side , fella...I just don't like smart-arse kids telling me things, when it is obvious they have never actuallly done these things themselves, but sound soooo convincing......so , when you start posting posts that are believe-able, like, things that have happpened to you personally,not just cut & pasted from other pages etc etc...
    I mean, loook at this one.."go into any of the major wheel shops and ask... if they dont supply, they'll either ship them in or track down an official distributor in your city for you. if they dont, they suck"...how intelligent do you think people are????you don't think that maybe he came in here as a last resort???meaning he has already tried ringing around??????.we might start to take things you say seriously. when you post something useful...........by the way...see at the bottom of my post here??it says"I'd rather be an OLD FART than a young FLICKHEAD..I'm not the oldest in this forum, ( I turn 49 at the end of the year)but am the oldest Mod ( I think).....have been driving/riding since I was 14 & 1/2....yea mate...on the road well before you were born...I am probably older that your parents tooo...do you argue every point out with them????. ...and just about every post you put up is derrrogative.....this is a Car Forum , not the Debating Club...go to Yahoo politics roooms or something if you want to argue all the time....just frankly, I am getting REALLLY sick of this bickerring........Mods have more than enough to do, without chasing after you all the time....... so..... guess what....... you are on notice mate......... one more squeak........

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2005
    1 person likes this.