Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

voltage spike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D

darkiee66676

hello all cant wait to throw the heap in the a wrecking yard somewhere, ive got a v6 supercharge/ its had a pro with the battery so i changed it and also i decided to change the terminals but it wouldnt start, the alternator went so i changed that, then it putted like a steam engine and foun a fault iin the coil pack so i got another one, now it starts fine idles great but in drive cause its a auto foot planted on the gas it drives like a dream but as soon as you take your foot of the accelerator a red exclamation mark comes on the dash and there seems to be a voltage spike cause when the lights flicker on the dash, when the headlights come on there really dim and when the blinkers come on they flicker all the other lights in the car. I thought it could be an earth problem????? can anyone help please.....

matt8

Reaction score
Dd you install the super charger? Does it drive off your normal belt? is the alternator spinning in the right direction?

D

darkiee66676

spiking voltage

no man i didnt do the job but yeah its right it was tested and theres no probs with it, but now that you mention it the alternator did have bushes on the right rather than left and when installed, could it be ive been given a wrong series alternator does that matter?????:cry: http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/images/smilies/cry.gif
:cry:

D

darkiee66676

heres something else that could be of use i suppose, every damn thing i do i mean open the door, turn on the lights ect.... the alarm engages im not an auto electrician so id like to know if this is normal, please someone help!!!!!!!!

D

darkiee66676

ok so, so far ive established its not the battery, coil, alternator even though I think the wrong alternator is on it, blinkers, break sensor, but i do have a sneaking suspicion it could be the ecu playing up so i think the best thing could be doing a diagnostic check on it, so what do u all think?

matt8

Reaction score
yep, sounds good. I reckon you hit on the head! Weird things do happen when you have a bad earth?