Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vortec kit.

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
hey guys,

gonna be installing a cappa vortec kit on my mates clubsport in the next couple days, now we picked up a kit off another jc member and ive got a few questions that im not 100% sure on.

1) the guy was runing two fuel pumps in series, the standard in tank one, and one external, now the external pump was powered only by a pressure sensor in the engine bay, powering the external fuel pump when higher rpm and boost arrives, until then is just sitting there.

- now i dont really see the point in this setup?. can i just run one large fuel filter in place of the standard one and get rid of this second pump. something like a bosch 044? using the std wiring and piping, and getting rid of this manifold pressure sensor supplied.? i cant justify having fuel pumps setup like that unless using a surge tank. tell me if im wrong?

2) will it be fine runing the standard fuel reg, or should we be looking into something rising rate?

3) may be stupid, but with the 5 litre map sensors, do we need to upgrade to some sort of 2 bar map sensor, the kit is the 10psi kit. i know the v6s needed to be upgraded to the 2 bar map when runing that much boost, was unsure about the perameters of the v8 map sensor.

dunno85

life's a garden dig it
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss 6L 6speed
i got told yesterday to use a walbro in tank fuel pump just as good as the 044 but ten times quieter you dont need your stereo on twenty just to block out the noise of it sucking fuel. its supose to be good enough for the 383 im getting built so mite be good enough for a blown engine..

vn calais manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais, vs clubsport #137
i got told yesterday to use a walbro in tank fuel pump just as good as the 044 but ten times quieter you dont need your stereo on twenty just to block out the noise of it sucking fuel. its supose to be good enough for the 383 im getting built so mite be good enough for a blown engine..

ummm, thankyou for your input? :bang:

yes you would want to get a 2 bar map sensor and a tune to suit it

cheers for that :thumbsup:

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
Yea youl just need a rising rate fuel reg and swap your external pump for a 044. Maybe injectors to.

eaton v8

my little sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz 6l auto 239cam 3.9diff
all i used was a 023 bosh intank and 42lb injectors and the standed fuel reg i have a turbo smart reg in the shed just in case and it was no where near close to being needed. oh and the 2 bar map sencer