Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vortech V2 LS1 VT2 What fuel pump shall i upgrade to?

chazbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 GTS UK
Hi there i have a Vortech V2 on my VT2 GTS. 60lb injectors and a cam.
I'm going lean so need more fuel. What pump(s) is everyone using? Stock pump is 155lph i hear?
Is there a way of keeping the jet syphon or does everyone bin that and fit a larger pump?
Or maybe a twin pump switched by boost so it isnt constantly regulating hot fuel back to the tank when driven normally?
Thanks if any help recieved.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Hi there i have a Vortech V2 on my VT2 GTS. 60lb injectors and a cam.
I'm going lean so need more fuel. What pump(s) is everyone using? Stock pump is 155lph i hear?
Is there a way of keeping the jet syphon or does everyone bin that and fit a larger pump?
Or maybe a twin pump switched by boost so it isnt constantly regulating hot fuel back to the tank when driven normally?
Thanks if any help recieved.
Nah mate 155 litres per hour is 4cc (raindrop / teardrop) per second at full tap. Think of a slow dripping sink.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
CAPA Performance have 2 drop in fuel pump module assembly options of either a 255 L/PH or 420 L/PH for the VT-VZ Commodores.
They also stock Walbro and Deutschwerks fuel pumps as well.
I'd give them a call to discuss your ideas & their options available.
Link to their website:
http://www.capa.com.au/fuel_pumps.htm

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
about 460lph will support 60lb injectors up to limit 600rhp when used thru standard fuel system, just be careful not all stock regulators can cope with higher flow think 260lph maby 340lph is ok but not sure, u dont want base pressure increased thru error in return volume, or u can just get a surge tank they are easy to fit in the vt-vz and just keep stock pump to fill that

chazbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 GTS UK

chazbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 GTS UK
Thanks for the advise, I think the 255 wouldn't be enough! 420 would probably fit the bill. I will speak to them and see what they reccomend

chazbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 GTS UK
about 460lph will support 60lb injectors up to limit 600rhp when used thru standard fuel system, just be careful not all stock regulators can cope with higher flow think 260lph maby 340lph is ok but not sure, u dont want base pressure increased thru error in return volume, or u can just get a surge tank they are easy to fit in the vt-vz and just keep stock pump to fill that
Yes this is my biggest fear! The stock internal regulator looks tiny. Base pressure is high enough at 58psi. I can imagine it would go higher with a big pump constantly trying to regulate all the excess fuel at low load.
Have you seen a company in America that build double pump 255 setups in tank? Lonnies his name is. It's on ls1 tech. The 2nd pump running from a boost switch. Its common with F body's. So the regulator can be stock still I guess.
With a surge tank are VCM the best to use? It's another option to consider.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
for surge tank the VT-VZ have room so is a option to consider, personally i dont like using a switch to work second pump it can cause pressure spikes/drops as it switches and one day if it dosnt work ur in trouble, also not all pumps have a one way valve so if two pumps are together and one is off it can back feed fuel thru it and ur base pressure drops a few psi and in the tuning world its good to have consistency and that to me is not mechanically right, or u should be able to get a 260lph to fit stock module its prob the easiest and if u dont plan on future big power increases then may be worth it

chazbob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 GTS UK
looking at the position of the surge tank location if my drivers side driveshaft failed it would cause chaos! From your advise maybe i should go with a bigger single pump then. If i change my fuel rails and go external regulator i could run a larger walbro pump without regulator restrictions.